U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 PM

700 posts, read 1,436,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
^ No, the ones I'm talking about are farther north, closer to Wilkesboro.

Oh. Never seen any of those on the old part of 421.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
The Buckhorn Flea Market is perhaps the largest Hispanic Flea Market in the state, the local Sheriff (Orange County) estimated that 25,000 people show up there every weekend. On sundays. families show up, the boys get to roam freely, the girls walk with their parents around the Market Place (Mercado) the boys roam around in groups flirting with the girls, the girls flirting with the boys but with Padre Y Madre there..they use a lot of innuendo. It is a lot of fun to watch and the food stuffs, both cooked and uncooked are good quality. Speaking Spanish helps but is not a necessity, someone will volunteer to translate for you (at no charge) and you will be treated as a welcome guest.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM

7 posts, read 24,660 times
Not much of a Flea market regular; however i hear there is one on 29 north part of Greensboro and one in Eden. Not sure of the quality or experience, but seem packed every weekend. Also hear they are starting a new one in Reidsville on Freeway Drive (just off 29 north)

Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 AM

101 posts, read 313,812 times
There's one in Thomasville on Saturdays, and maybe Sundays too, but it's referred to as the "Mexican Mall"--you pretty much have to be spanish-speaking to attend. Not too many locals go there.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
Hi. my name is edie i have a lot use stuff from my old flea market. lam looking for a small store real cheap or is there anyone who would like to partner with me in the Greensboro. or if u know where there's a place i can rent. If So please let me know my e mail is [email]edie1935.ep@Gmail.com[/email] thank u so much.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:13 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,311,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Not a flea market person myself, but I know there were several large, popular flea markets along the old US 421 near Wilkesboro. In fact, the traffic problems they caused were part of the reason the new highway was built. I don't know if they are still there, but you might google to see if you find anything about them.
Pretty sure the new 421 killed them off and if anything it was the App State traffic responsible for the widening. We drove toward Boone unknowingly on game day. The traffic was snarled in Wilkesboro and I say "toward" because when we realized what was going on we turned around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point