U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,825 times

Advertisements

Just signed up for their cna class, the director told me that they have started the homecare and they will be employing their own cna to work in the homecare. I think that is fantastic b/c I really want assurance of a job after i finish. We had a nice orientation, this lady taught about how to interview for cna and otehr healthcare jobs, I am very excited
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,808 times
Mount Eagle offers state accredited CNA I and CNA II courses. Shorter and more flexible courses. CNA I Hybrid is mostly online with Saturday clinicals.

I am still checking to see if their Clinical Medical Assistant program is one in which you can obtain a CMA Certification (AAMA, AMT, or RMA) through the State. Although, NC doesn't require you to be certified - a lot places are requiring it. I also hear that you have more chances getting the position if your certified.

LPN state accredited schools are Community Colleges only (2year program) or ECPI (very expensive but 14 month program).

Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM

4 posts, read 6,090 times
I just recently signed up for Phlebotomy. I can't believe the comments I read stating that this place is professional.After two weeks of class, I am in the process of asking for a refund. The schedule changed from class on Tues. to Wed.,the instuctor has brought her 4 year old grandchild to class twice, she teaches the class in between telling her Grandaughter to be quiet,the child crunched on cheetoes while I tested. She rushes through the class to get home,as she has been at work teaching the day classes, we only have one person to teach us in lab to the 12 students. The day class has two,so this means we wait twice as long.The teacher is a very nice lady,as her Grandchild is adorable,but i did not get the instuction that I paid 850.00 for. I have noticed that the lady at the front desk also is no longer there,she has left since the two weeks i've been there. The place is just very unorganized,short handed,and unprofessional.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,708 times
Default Rants and Raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Coffield View Post
I just recently signed up for Phlebotomy. I can't believe the comments I read stating that this place is professional.After two weeks of class, I am in the process of asking for a refund. The schedule changed from class on Tues. to Wed.,the instuctor has brought her 4 year old grandchild to class twice, she teaches the class in between telling her Grandaughter to be quiet,the child crunched on cheetoes while I tested. She rushes through the class to get home,as she has been at work teaching the day classes, we only have one person to teach us in lab to the 12 students. The day class has two,so this means we wait twice as long.The teacher is a very nice lady,as her Grandchild is adorable,but i did not get the instuction that I paid 850.00 for. I have noticed that the lady at the front desk also is no longer there,she has left since the two weeks i've been there. The place is just very unorganized,short handed,and unprofessional.
I hold a different opinion, I am sorry Lisa, I am in the same class and we have talked this before and I say here again. I also share the sentiment that the lady hard no business bringing her granddaughter in class last week, but she apologized and said it never happened and its not gonna happen again, and it was an emergency situation that the only option was to cancel that evening class and we all were ok that she continues to teach bcuz some of us drive 40 mins to come to class. All of my friends that came to Mount Eagle College got jobs!! I want a job that's why I am here..I have taken few classes here and I decided to come back for more. Girl! you'd a nerve to tell us to drop the class and ask for refund because of that one incidence? As if you knew why we came to college Are you gonna pay my bills? I personally think you'd personal issues that need to be resolved, never been to college before, or don't know why you came to college in the first place. I've been in college before, MEC instructors are very personal, friendly, willing to help when we have situation and they expect us from time to time to be considerate, remember they too have life like us. I think teachers here are commitment to our personal success and sacrifice alot, to the point of helping us get jobs, train and coach us for interviews etc.. its something that no college really does that to their students. I heard you last week or week before when you confronted her and asked if she dislikes you. Everybody in the class thought you have personal issues with the instructor or with yourself that you need to take care of rather than projecting that to others, most of the class think that you just rant all the time disrupting our learning which we are all entitled to because we equally paid.

My personal opinion is and will always be, mount eagle college is a nice and recommended place for learning esp for people who really know what they want in life. I hv children and Im old enough not to play around like when I was in high school (young and stupid years should be over). The lady at the front desk I was told that she got fired, I can't ascertain that and I'm not interested know for sure because its none of my business I guess. Do not speak on our behalf or rather my behalf, you represent your own kinky opinion and nobody appointed you to speak for us

Girl get life and stop ranting....and please stop calling me I am not angry with mount eagle, they are my life line!!

Last edited by the5bugs; 04-11-2013 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: mispelling

Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
Angry Self Appointed Crazy Representative!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Coffield View Post
I think you're crazy, angry, irrational girl. I am in a process of filing a harrassment suit against you for calling my number all the time with your unmerited demands. I already told you I am not interested and please stop harrassing everybody. If you dropped the class and had your refund continue with your life. I still think its a stupid idea and you have always been for the past two weeks we have known you

Thnks

-MED http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Wow! I only have one number,from one person in class,and that person has never told me not to call,and is the person who gave me the number to call,so that I could file a complaint.I have never tried to get anyone not to go to Mount Eagle. I just simply expressed the truth about what I had experienced,and witnessed at the School.Again,the whole experience has been bizarre.I hope that it will be over soon,as I have filled a Complaint, and we are in the process of coming to a resolution.

Last edited by Lisa Coffield; 04-26-2013 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM

I have only called one person,and that person has not told me,not to call. Who is this? I can put my name out there,because everything I have said, is the truth. You all type behind the computer without a real name,and type lies. Like I said, all of this is bazzare. All of my information is the truth. Take the class,or don't take it ....I don't care. All I know is I didn't pay 850.00 to get instuction by someone,who brings there 4 year old Grandchild to babysit while giving instuction,and it was TWICE in the seven days I was there. The first time the child was in the Lab...a small room,15 people,and a four year old in there with needles,while they teach Phlebotomy!! About every 2 minutes you would here...be quiet. lol Or did I pay to have a teacher rush through instruction,and tell you,you will not have time to take notes,or even stay on track in the book,so that you could highlight what she was discussing.No copies given either...print your own...if and when you can get into the website with the information they give you...they couldn't even get me logged in themselves! Bottom line...alll my information is TRUE facts.All your informaion is false! This school changed the schedule in 7 days, changed teachers in 7 days,had two days with children under 5 present,only had one lady teaching lab besides the one day the child was there,and one other day,because they are short handed. Again,My opionion of Mount Eagle.... Unprofessional,Unorganized, and Dishonest! I did not receive a refund either. I still am in the process of trying to get this resolved!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,437 times
Thumbs down Mt Eagle Institute

[FONT=Verdana]I went to Mt. Eagle a few years ago excited that I was able to get in quickly and complete my program. I work 40+ hours a week Mon-Fri and the hybrid courses they offer were awesome for me. Little did I know after I paid my money and started on the first day of class they had mis-lead me to believe that I would need to be there quite a few Friday's, which caused issues being I work full time. It was very frustrating because it put pressure on me to not only be in class when I was supposed to because I had already paid, but also having to take off of work and risk my job.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]With my experience while I was there I realized they are unprofessional and unbelievably unorganized and with trying to work a job and deal with them it became very stressful.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I recently had to come back in contact with staff of Mount Eagle and I can't believe I ever considered going back there again for additional courses. [/FONT]

Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agh1220 View Post
I went to Mt. Eagle a few years ago excited that I was able to get in quickly and complete my program. I work 40+ hours a week Mon-Fri and the hybrid courses they offer were awesome for me. Little did I know after I paid my money and started on the first day of class they had mis-lead me to believe that I would need to be there quite a few Friday's, which caused issues being I work full time. It was very frustrating because it put pressure on me to not only be in class when I was supposed to because I had already paid, but also having to take off of work and risk my job.
With my experience while I was there I realized they are unprofessional and unbelievably unorganized and with trying to work a job and deal with them it became very stressful.
I recently had to come back in contact with staff of Mount Eagle and I can't believe I ever considered going back there again for additional courses.

Im not surprised,and I totally agree with you.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 831 times
Forsyth tech offers phlebotomy twice a year , not sure who said they didn't offer that program . I am completing my CNA1 in two weeks at Forsyth tech and loved it! My instructor was amazing. Only downfall is that the phlebotomy course doesn't start until October at Forsyth so now I am looking into mt eagle so I came here to read reviews. I'm glad that everyone has positive things to say about mt eagle because this will most likely be my next school of choice to start phlebotomy sooner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point