U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 07:53 AM

39 posts, read 68,833 times

Advertisements

Hi, I could use some advice, I'm a single professional relocating to Greensboro from Kansas City.

i've made myself dizzy looking at all the apartment guides trying to narrow down my search.

I'll be working at the hospital so the closer the better but I wouldn't a mind a 15-20 min commute.

I'm single so looking for nightlife and young ppl .

I'd prefer a townhome type place.

Must have w/d or ability to rent through complex

I do have a cat but from what i've seen most places accept pets.

I would prefer a large 1BR with den or study, I dont' really need 2br or 2ba.

I prefer updated apartment, fairly new, not dungey, black appliances.

Quiet neighborhood is helpful, as I will be working odd hours, sometimes.

my only restriction is $<1000

ANy I can cross of my list?

Here's a few I was considering.

Batthleground inn
City View\
Bridford Lake
Grand Summit
legacy at twin oaks
willow ridge

Any help or suggestions would be helpful, since I'm moving from out of state, and I plan on going there for a and overnight stay to search.

And I dont want to waste my time looking at stuff i wouldn't like..

thanks for any advice

Shel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM

14 posts, read 13,398 times
I live in a complex called Hunt's View. It's on the northern end of Battleground Ave. And I love it. It's quiet. The people are nice. And the staff is very friendly and responsive. The apartments may be a little smaller than you are looking for. But it's very affordable. Rent for a 1 bdrm is around $600. It's about a 10-15 min drive to the hospital. Close to plenty of shopping, grocery stores, dry cleaners, parks, vets. Anything you will need. As far as nightlife goes, you will find Greensboro is no in abundace of that. LOL It's a nice little town though. I like it here. Hope I could be of help to you. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:28 AM

700 posts, read 1,438,837 times
Shel74

1. I'll be working at the hospital so the closer the better but I wouldn't a mind a 15-20 min commute.
Thats good
I'm single so looking for nightlife and young ppl .
Stay in KC. Greensboro does have somewhat of a nightlife. But nothing compared to what is in KC.

I'd prefer a townhome type place.
For what you have a rent you might be able to find a house. Think about contacting a real estate agent. If they can not help you. They can quickly steer you in the right direction.
Must have w/d or ability to rent through complex
That is becoming more and more common.

I do have a cat but from what i've seen most places accept pets.
Most will with a pet deposit.

I would prefer a large 1BR with den or study, I dont' really need 2br or 2ba.
Use the second bedroom as a study

I prefer updated apartment, fairly new, not dungey, black appliances.
That you will have to look.
Quiet neighborhood is helpful, as I will be working odd hours, sometimes.

my only restriction is $<1000

ANy I can cross of my list?
Just be warned that all though property management companies are ok. Dealing with one that real cares is the trick. Be sure that you have them asnwer your concerns and that they are put in the lease. Do they supply the mainteance, mow the lawn, pay ass. dues. Are they up to date on those payments, Do they do a pre lease walk though? There are a lot of little things that many people leasing get stuck with. I have heard of a guy who rented a house two months in the hot water heater failed. Call the landlord. The landlord sent out a repair guy. Replaced the hot water heater. Two weeks later the landlord sent a bill to the guy for payment of the replaced hot water heater and labor. The guy had signed the lease and did not read it. It held him responsiable for the repair & replacement of certain items. It was in the lease agreement!!!! A little time and read and understanding what you read will take you a long way.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 AM

thanks for the tips, I considered a house, but I don't need all that much room and a newer house is going to cost more. Plus I don't want to deal with any maintainance, I don't need a yard, would prefer a balcony

too bad about the night life but that's what I heard,where do young single people go?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM

17 posts, read 89,224 times
Unfortunately there really is NO good nightlife or solid young professional crowd here in gboro. You will have to visit charlotte or raleigh to find it. Sorry that you're leaving kc for gboro :/

Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 PM

Ok, I get it, not much nightlife, but I still need a place live.

Here are a few on my list:

Plantation at horsepen
VIllage lofts
REhobeth point
Park Place
Crown @ james landing
Morehead
The madison at adams farms
the legacy at twin oaks
BId ford lake - RELLY LIKED this one
Brandoushire - also liked this one

Still haven't found any condo type places, or townhomes really.

That aren't 3BR and cost 1800, I only need 1-2BR, 1-3 ba.

<$1000

2 other addresses I'm considering through the Realtor are
5002 bartholomew's ln, $895, th, 2br

3712-U COTSWOLD AVE. $795, SF, 2br, black appliances

Any other suggestion for selling my furniture would be appreciated, Ive advertised on CL, ebay and the local online paper. I hope I start getting some bites soon, I think I have the bed sold. that leaves the dresser set and couh. Which means I need takle my room regarding purging, Ive saved it for last for a reason, other tahn my closet, go rid of the stuff I dont want, I will space bag what I"M not wearig it all should fit.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM

8 posts, read 10,838 times
Default Depends

This thread is a couple of weeks old now...are you still looking?

I dont think its fair to say that Greensboro has NO nightlife...I was downtown around midnight last weekend and the place was packed. I guess it depends if you are into the club scene. No, there isn't a huge selection, but saying there is NO nightlife is not true.

Have you checked out Lincoln Green apartments? They are right by Military Park which has some great walking/jogging trails and you are just a couple of minutes from Battleground which will probably become the bain of your commuting existence.

Greensboro is a nice place IMO. I've only lived here 3 years, but its nice. Not super exciting, but lots of great parks, good restaurants, nice people, etc.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:01 PM

Yes I did find a fabulous place it's a TH, which ultimately is what I wanted, it happened to be the first one I looked at but in my head I had to see what else was out there ya know?

Its good to know, I will be able to find some nightlife. I'm not looking for huge party clubs just a place to go where everybody knows your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervantes View Post
This thread is a couple of weeks old now...are you still looking?

I dont think its fair to say that Greensboro has NO nightlife...I was downtown around midnight last weekend and the place was packed. I guess it depends if you are into the club scene. No, there isn't a huge selection, but saying there is NO nightlife is not true.

Have you checked out Lincoln Green apartments? They are right by Military Park which has some great walking/jogging trails and you are just a couple of minutes from Battleground which will probably become the bain of your commuting existence.

Greensboro is a nice place IMO. I've only lived here 3 years, but its nice. Not super exciting, but lots of great parks, good restaurants, nice people, etc.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 2,955 times
I'd like to hear more about Greensboro's green spaces, biking trails, tennis courts and especially women's (or mixed) senior tennis (doubles) leagues, waterways (and where), if anybody cares to add more to Cervantes' post; or/and maybe Cervantes you will expand further on these. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point