Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
I totally agree with everything you just said! The problem is that instead of facing the reality that there is actually a severe racial issue in greensboro, residents choose to pretend it doesn't exist and the problem just gets worse! Every city does have some racial issues but not necessarily to the extent seen here in Gboro. As an African- American and Charlotte native i can tell you that racism is not a big deal in Charlotte because a long time ago residents decided to embrace the racial issues and to integrate All neighborhoods in the city and making sure that ALL businesses interact with each other. In fact Charlotte encourages its business owners to interact with business owners of other races
Are you to say that poor blacks living on government assistance live in the same neighborhoods as middle/wealthy class white people and vice versa? I betting there is significant exaggeration in your statement.

As far as the landfill goes this is what happens when idiots purchase homes in close proximity(sp?) to this type of facility. Furthermore, whenever an issue as this comes up black people are the first to trump the race card conveniently forgetting the white people get the shaft from the government also. Remember the PTI runway expansion? It may not smell bad, but its a nuicense(sp?) to those people nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Are you to say that poor blacks living on government assistance live in the same neighborhoods as middle/wealthy class white people and vice versa? I betting there is significant exaggeration in your statement.

As far as the landfill goes this is what happens when idiots purchase homes in close proximity(sp?) to this type of facility. Furthermore, whenever an issue as this comes up black people are the first to trump the race card conveniently forgetting the white people get the shaft from the government also. Remember the PTI runway expansion? It may not smell bad, but its a nuicense(sp?) to those people nonetheless.
No exageration at all. .i actually work with city council closely on certain issues.....whenever I refer to racism it also includes classism....Charlotte is very integrated in this regard. Im not playing the race card just telling it like it is....

Fyi....my neighborhood is mixed with many races and u never see them mixing..

Old 06-15-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Sure that is not the sewer treatment plant located on White street or Huffin Mill road. The landfill does no accept MSW at this time.
Im positive. The landfill still accepts yard waste and bulk waste.... The water treatment plant smells different!!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:

Congrats well said.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Im positive. The landfill still accepts yard waste and bulk waste.... The water treatment plant smells different!!
Bulk waste is considered. MSW. Think they do the yard waste and LCID. Land clearing stuff (stumps, rocks, and the like). No construction stuff. Smell is sewage.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
No exageration at all. .i actually work with city council closely on certain issues.....whenever I refer to racism it also includes classism....Charlotte is very integrated in this regard. Im not playing the race card just telling it like it is....

Fyi....my neighborhood is mixed with many races and u never see them mixing..
.........and Sunday is the most segregated day of the week.
Classism is far from racism as racism is pure hatred of an ethnic group. Classism is born out of the desire for one who wants to have a sense of financial progress. I'm betting there are quite many areas in Charlotte that have wealthy only areas and poor only areas.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
.........and Sunday is the most segregated day of the week.
Classism is far from racism as racism is pure hatred of an ethnic group. Classism is born out of the desire for one who wants to have a sense of financial progress. I'm betting there are quite many areas in Charlotte that have wealthy only areas and poor only areas.
This is what I mean- denial- refusal to believe an issue exist because you personally have not experienced it! This is not about charlotte its about Greensboro.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
This is what I mean- denial- refusal to believe an issue exist because you personally have not experienced it! This is not about charlotte its about Greensboro.
What? You would be well advised not to venture into areas in which you are ignorant of.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What? You would be well advised not to venture into areas in which you are ignorant of.
I am am an african-american male transplant from charlotte who works with city council and my wife works in public affairs for the city of Greensboro.... If anybody is ignorant about this issue then it is You my caucasian friend

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I am am an african-american male transplant from charlotte who works with city council and my wife works in public affairs for the city of Greensboro.... If anybody is ignorant about this issue then it is You my caucasian friend
You missed the point so I'll simplify it: I'm not making any presumptions about you and I expect the same courtesy in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point