U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 8,759 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. We are moving to the W-S area (lewisville) in July. I'm in the market for a new cell phone and would like some feedback on the cell service in the area. I currently have AT&T and don't want to re-up with them if the service there isn't as good as it is here. I am an iPhone lover so I guess my choices are either AT&T or Verizon.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,300,457 times
My employer uses Sprint & my private phone is Verizon, pretty even as far as service goes. No expericence with AT&T

Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM

273 posts, read 850,323 times
AT&T has been good to me since we moved here 4 years ago. The only spot I have issues with is by the airport in greensboro, other than that no prob. I can't say I've spent much time in Lewisville, but driving around the area I've never lost a signal. I drive all over the place and have found them pretty reliable. My wife is on pageplus, which runs on Verizon and has no issues at all. I don't think you'll have a problem with either. I tried sprint, but the reception was horrible. We live at the bottom of a small valley and I would have to walk up to the end of my driveway to get coverage. It seemed to be like that everywhere too, one second you're ok, the next you drop. I've also looked at T-mobile and wasn't really satisfied with their "3g/4g" coverage, I never dropped a call, but their higher speed data was spotty.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 AM

700 posts, read 1,435,703 times
There are spots for each. Check your serve when you get here. Before you do anything.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:56 PM

4 posts, read 3,767 times
Verizon for sure. I"m with Sprint, but Verizon gets better service.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 PM

676 posts, read 2,801,625 times
When we first moved here 5 years ago, we couldn't get Verizon service at all in our neighborhood, but it was okay around town. Another family member had a terrible time with Sprint. We have had no problems at all with AT&T.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 AM

138 posts, read 367,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
AT&T has been good to me since we moved here ... I've also looked at T-mobile
I'm pretty sure T-Mobile uses the AT&T network, if not, they will be since AT&T bought them in March. In any case, we've been on AT&T and now T-Mobile for years and I have always had the same dead spot on highway 311 between Johnson St and 68, this is a wide open high traffic area, yet it is consistantly a dead zone. I also get dead zones along highway 158 in Winston-Salem (in a hilly area, that doesn't surprise me at all).

Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 PM

13 posts, read 28,938 times
I have had Sprint for close to 10 years now; and I can really only think of one small stretch of road in HP, along Waterview, I have every have dropped calls.

I live in HP, work in Greensboro, have family in WS and go all over every where else in between and I can honestly say I never get dropped calls. Sure, there's the occasional bad signal down in someone's basement or something, but I have no complaints with Sprint's Service-10 years worth.

I think sometime's it can be as much the phone you get as your service provider.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM

571 posts, read 924,386 times
We had Sprint when we first moved here, and had terrible reception. Now we are with Verizon (last two years) and have had no problems whatsoever.

Good luck with your move!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 PM

13 posts, read 26,470 times
Verizon! Enough said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point