U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Winston-Salem
700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Reputation: 310

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarner5 View Post
Thank you all so much for this info. Do you know of any specific apartment names in good area/ good school area?
What is the price range?? What is the age of the children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 AM
 
10 posts, read 16,178 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
What is the price range?? What is the age of the children?

We are looking at about $750/ month. The kids still have 2 years until they start school so schools arent crucial but I know good schools usually go along with good neighborhoods so...

Thanks!

Last edited by swarner5; 06-22-2011 at 05:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 PM
 
676 posts, read 2,802,355 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarner5 View Post
We are looking at about $750/ month. The kids still have 2 years until they start school so schools arent crucial but I know good schools usually go along with good neighborhoods so...

Thanks!
Oh, in that price range you can get into a far better area. Just a few miles south on Peter's Creek are better apartments like Brannigan Village and The Pointe. I have to be honest, I know nothing personally about these complexes, I just drive by them daily and they seem pretty new and in a better location. You would feed into the same school, but I highly doubt you will be in them longer than a year. Also, there can be some cute little houses in that price range. Baldwin Properties seems to have the most residential listings. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 AM
 
Location: Winston-Salem
700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
Oh, in that price range you can get into a far better area. Just a few miles south on Peter's Creek are better apartments like Brannigan Village and The Pointe. I have to be honest, I know nothing personally about these complexes, I just drive by them daily and they seem pretty new and in a better location. You would feed into the same school, but I highly doubt you will be in them longer than a year. Also, there can be some cute little houses in that price range. Baldwin Properties seems to have the most residential listings. Good luck!
Baldwin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM
 
676 posts, read 2,802,355 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Baldwin
I know, I know...I still haven't been able to find a decent property management company with a lot of house listings!! In your experience, do a lot of people in the Ardmore just rent on their own by signs in the yard? I am most interested in that area and I just don't know where to look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:57 AM
 
Location: Winston-Salem
700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
I know, I know...I still haven't been able to find a decent property management company with a lot of house listings!! In your experience, do a lot of people in the Ardmore just rent on their own by signs in the yard? I am most interested in that area and I just don't know where to look.
There are many that do that. I will pm you with some info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Winston Salem, NC
12 posts, read 41,355 times
Reputation: 32
craigslist.org has a lot of rentals listed. That is how I am currently looking for a place to rent when we move to WS, and the Winston Salem Journal online has rentals. I've been looking for months, and this is one website I found Home Real Estate - Rental Homes & Apartments in Winston Salem NC shows homes for rent in the area. Baldwin Properties is ok, but we have pets and they hardly have any rentals that allow pets. Very annoying, but if you don't have pets, no biggie. They also don't have many in your price range. There are alot of homes in your price range if you don't mind 1 bathroom. I wish you luck finding a place. Its hard when you don't live there or know the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2011, 03:58 AM
 
Location: Winston-Salem
700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgiapeach View Post
craigslist.org has a lot of rentals listed. That is how I am currently looking for a place to rent when we move to WS, and the Winston Salem Journal online has rentals. I've been looking for months, and this is one website I found Home Real Estate - Rental Homes & Apartments in Winston Salem NC shows homes for rent in the area. Baldwin Properties is ok, but we have pets and they hardly have any rentals that allow pets. Very annoying, but if you don't have pets, no biggie. They also don't have many in your price range. There are alot of homes in your price range if you don't mind 1 bathroom. I wish you luck finding a place. Its hard when you don't live there or know the area.
Home Real Estate should be Hood Real Estate. Would not rent a dog house from them. they are just about as bad as Baldwin. Craiglist is a good place to look. A lot for on to two home owners rent use the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Winston Salem, NC
12 posts, read 41,355 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Home Real Estate should be Hood Real Estate. Would not rent a dog house from them. they are just about as bad as Baldwin. Craiglist is a good place to look. A lot for on to two home owners rent use the site.
Really? Well, thats good to know. Thankyou for that information. I won't be checking them out again. I mostly look on craigslist and WS Journal. Is there anywhere else to search online? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top