Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,740 times

Advertisements

My company is relocating me to the Winston-Salem /Greensboro area and I am in need of help finding a community that would work for us. I would like to find an area with good schools, low crime rate, a downtown area ( main st), with nearby lakes. If possible a community that has had recent growth. Am I asking to much? I am coming down in September and am planning on finding a room to rent month to month (is that possible) while I look for a permenent home. Plz help!!!!I would be so greatful.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:45 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,528 times
What city? Does make a differance

Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Default Triad Relocation

I am also considering a transfer to the Triad Region, from Palm Beach County Florida. I am considering the Clemmons/Lewisville area. Does anyone have any recommendations between Clemmons vs Lewisville. I will be planning on renting for the time being and price is important. Also, good schools are a must

Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
The OP might look at Oak Ridge, NC. The Oak Ridge Elementary School rates a 10 from greatscools.org. The town say it is the fastest growing town in Guilford County on it web site: http://www.oakridgenc.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={6EB7F173-2678-4D4F-BD00-599E81AC20E4}

There are million dollar homes on realtor.com . Not sure if there is a real downtown, but that's asking a lot, IMHO. Mayberry doesn't exist any more. The Guilford County Sherriff's Dept handles policing, so the OP could check the crime rate.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Not sure if there is a real downtown.
If you use Google maps, Oak Ridge is the crossroads of two big shopping centers. Much of the area around Greensboro looks very new. If you still want an old-fashioned Main Street, check with a realtor when you visit.

There are many small lakes in the area, and one big one (Balew Lake).

Good luck.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,278 times
First off your screen name reminds me of a band I used to listen to years ago, Jo-Jo-Gunn, they never made the 'big time', but they were good and I still have several of their albums.

Next about your move to the Triad area, look into High Point, NC, which is right between Greensboro and Winston Salem. Small town safe, not too expensive with the luxury of a short drive time into the bigger cities for more expansive shopping (ex: larger malls, Best Buy, Sams Club, etc.)

The schools in High Point, although I did not attend them, as I've only been living her for two years, but I hear they are safe and efficient.

A few other small town possibilities are Jamestown, Kernersville, Trinity, Archdale and Thomasville.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,685 times
It's very simple

Winston-Salem > Greensboro

Old 08-12-2011, 01:26 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
It's very simple

Winston-Salem > Greensboro
I brought the popcorn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point