Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 06:40 PM

5 posts, read 8,703 times

Advertisements

We are planning a move from MI to NC. We will be working in the Lexington area.

Looking for the best town with the best schools! We enjoy parks, farmers markets, community involvement, and a small town feel.

I am confused a bit by the "county" school system. Interested in any opinions in the BEST elementary schools in the north davidson and southeast Forsyth county. We like a home in Clemmoms, however it is in Davidson County which means Forsyth county schools are not an option. We like Clemmoms Elem, based on my research but searching for a home in the area is quite confusing since Clemmoms crosses county lines it seems. The Clemmoms home we are considering is the Arcadia area, I have no idea what that means. The school the home we are considering is assigned to is northwest elementary in Davidson County. Any informaton on that school would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any and all help you may provide to us as we are North Carolina Bound!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,157,676 times
Hi Jenisit, and welcome to North Carolina! Yes, it is a bit confusing--the Village of Clemmons proper is completely within Forsyth County, but the Clemmons post office services the surrounding rural areas (some of which are in Davidson County) so they have Clemmons addresses.

Unfortunately I can't help much with the schools as I live in Forsyth Co. I do know that the North Davidson schools have a good reputation. We have several posters who live there, so hopefully they'll give you more info on specific schools. You can also find lots of info here NC School Report Cards .

Good luck!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,713 times
We just moved to Davidson (northeast Davidson) County in July 2011. We love it here. From what I've heard, I'd take Davidson over Forsyth schools - but that's in general; it's more important to learn about specific school(s) in the area(s) you are researching.

We're near Wallburg and absolutely LOVE our neighborhood and subdivision (Meadowlands), but that's not too convenient to Lexington. I really like the Triad farmer's market, just off I-40 around Colfax.

Here's the greatschools.net info on Northwest Davidson Elementary. I wouldn't rely solely on the rating or reviews, but it's helpful in addition to the NC School Report Cards that arbyunc posted above. I would want to see how the middle and high schools do as well, assuming you plan to stay in the area.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenisit View Post
We are planning a move from MI to NC. We will be working in the Lexington area.

Looking for the best town with the best schools! We enjoy parks, farmers markets, community involvement, and a small town feel.

I am confused a bit by the "county" school system. Interested in any opinions in the BEST elementary schools in the north davidson and southeast Forsyth county. We like a home in Clemmoms, however it is in Davidson County which means Forsyth county schools are not an option. We like Clemmoms Elem, based on my research but searching for a home in the area is quite confusing since Clemmoms crosses county lines it seems. The Clemmoms home we are considering is the Arcadia area, I have no idea what that means. The school the home we are considering is assigned to is northwest elementary in Davidson County. Any informaton on that school would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any and all help you may provide to us as we are North Carolina Bound!!
I wish you were interested in my house!! I am trying to sell it in that exact area. Anyway, Northwest is a fine elementary school, with a good reputation. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. It is a safe/quiet school with a lot of family involvement, nice teachers, polite kids, etc. Your taxes will probably be lower; Arcadia is extremely safe and quiet. The only drawback we find is you are not really part of any community - you are kind of in no man's land and you pretty can chose what city you want to identify with - it may be Lexington, Clemmons or Winston-Salem. We do absolutely everything in Winston-Salem and sometimes Clemmons. I have never stopped in Lexington city in 6 years not even for BBQ!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point