U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,240 times

Advertisements

So I've lived in Orlando Fl the Majority of my life and Honestly I'm tired of living here.. it is to exspensive and although I was raised here, I do not want to raise my children here. Currently we are renting a 2b/2b apartment that is getting to be to small do to the fact my husband and I have 2 kids and one on the way. I believe its time for a house. But I also don't want to live anywhere with to much going on. I've heard NC is a quiet place to live. We're planning to save as much as we can until our lease is up to do a big out of the state move.

First question around how much money give or take do you guys recommend we save for the big move?

Also I was leaning towards Greensboro but, which city in NC do you guys recommend we raise our kids in? I was looking for a quiet, small place.

Your advice would be greatly appriciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,110,068 times
What price range would you be looking at to buy? How large a home?

I think there are online calculators to help estimate the cost of having movers move your stuff. The cost will vary widely depending on how you do the move - full service movers (and if they pack for you), renting a van, etc.

We love it here in NC (have lived in NY; CA; NV; UT; OR). We moved to northeast Davidson County in July 2011. Before that we were in Greenville NC and then Louisburg NC. We specifically targeted the Triad for its size (large enough for us, ability to be just 15-20 minutes away from most of the Triad but still be in a VERY quite neighborhood with good schools and low property taxes).

Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
There's a boatload of posts regarding this topic. I recommend checking those out first.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,110,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
There's a boatload of posts regarding this topic. I recommend checking those out first.
But how else will we make this not the least popular of the 5 NC sub-forums on this board? lol

Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
But how else will we make this not the least popular of the 5 NC sub-forums on this board? lol
That's a good question. When I first joined CD this forum was alive and well with varieties of topic matter..........it just died out.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 AM

13 posts, read 26,498 times
I love Greensboro. Moved here about 7 years ago. I have lived all over the southeast including Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Hickory, in NC and Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Charleston in SC and in several areas of Florida. I love the fact that Greensboro is large enough to have plenty to do but we don't have a lot of the problems other larger areas have.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM

6,975 posts, read 12,504,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
That's a good question. When I first joined CD this forum was alive and well with varieties of topic matter..........it just died out.

I look at this forum from time to time, and I have wondered why there is so little activity on it. Maybe thats a good thing. Its rather refreshing not seeing alot of posts boasting how wonderful an area is. Or people bickering with each other about thier area. Maybe the lack of activity means people have other things to do, and that is definitely a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point