U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2006, 08:39 AM

167 posts, read 902,323 times

Advertisements

Hi:

Am curious as to the surrounding Lake Jeannette area and is it a good safe neighborhod to reside in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 10:45 AM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,774,809 times
Default 27455

The answer would be "yes". I don't spend too much time in that specific part of town, but I've been through it several times and even looked at a house in that area about 5 yrs ago.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 26,386 times
Default Lake Jeanette

I am not an expert, just a Realtor. This area is a great area in which to live and property values hold their on for resale as well.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks jeanbhead: We received some real estate magazines from the Greensboro area and from the looks of it Irving Park looks interesting along w/Oakridge and Summerfield. I am assuming these locals are in the NW corridor as I have been told that is where we should focus our attention. Understand that the downtown area is being revamped and have nice townhouse/condos...Also, Kernersville has been mentioned, how is that area?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:43 PM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,774,809 times
Default Irving Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
... from the looks of it Irving Park looks interesting ...
Irving Park is indeed quite interesting - but it's also waaaay out of the price range of 99% of the population (at least "Irving Park" proper). It is the home of the oldest and wealthiest money in Greensboro, and is actually one of the welathiest neghborhoods in the state based on some census study I read in the newspaper a few years ago.

Beautiful older houses, but also very upper-crust. Some other neighborhoods may advertise as "Irving Park area" or "New Irving Park", but they're not the same as "Irving Park" itself. They are also nice, by the way, but just don't search only under Irving Park.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 PM

JAS: Great feedback and, yes, I can see by the #'s in some of these re-sales, million plus and figured it had to be "upper crust". Way out of our league however, they do have some others for half or less than that. Would have to drive through and get a feel of the lesser "upper crust". There are also other neighborhoods that look interesting and not so much $$$ but are in the NW proper.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,479 times
Default greensboro nc

looking for information to relocate from long island to greensboro area, what suburb of greensboro would be considered the safest, scenic and worth moving for,, thanks patteanne

Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 PM

4,350 posts, read 5,278,997 times
Patteanne I'm right behind ya, Long Island guy here as well looking into Greensboro. Hope to get some good feedback...

Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 PM

127 posts, read 555,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
Hi:

Am curious as to the surrounding Lake Jeannette area and is it a good safe neighborhod to reside in?
The Lake Jeannette area is a very good area! I'd consider it safe, and I think it's in the NW school district (which will probably be changed to the Northern district once the schools are built)

Lake Jeannette is a no-wake lake, so no powerboating on it, in case you had that in mind.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 PM

61 posts, read 219,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteanne View Post
looking for information to relocate from long island to greensboro area, what suburb of greensboro would be considered the safest, scenic and worth moving for,, thanks patteanne
I relocated from NJ to Rockingham County. I am one mile from the Guilford County line (home to Greensboro). The taxes here are a bit cheaper and it's more rural, but only a 15 min drive to Greensboro. Check out www.smithmarketinginc.com and click on the Winsome Forest subdivision link. Nice homes at a reasonable price (at least from a NJ/NY perspective).

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point