U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM

23 posts, read 47,522 times

Advertisements

What are the pros and cons for each? we are looking into renting first, we have a 2 years old and a 5 years old...so good schools/daycares are our priority number one...love to meet other families and do a bunch of kids activities...not looking for quiet neighborhood!
Please help us with any input...we are in NY and are supposed to move there the first week of Nov!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,107,986 times
We're new to the area...welcome!

We love the area. Not a ton of kids in our neighborhood (near Wallburg) though. Kernersville would put you close to either city. But I can't give recommendations for specific areas.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 PM

2,650 posts, read 6,092,287 times
I think the two cities are more similar than not. Both have great neighborhoods, some not-so-great neighborhoods, great schools, not-so-great schools, etc. Shopping/restaurants/things to do are pretty similar, and it's nice that they are close enough that you can enjoy the amenities of both. So the pros and cons are probably about the same for both. I think Winston has a little more character and historic charm (just my opinion), but Greensboro has lots of that too.

We might could help you better if you give us a little more info--will you be working in one city or the other? Do you prefer to live in the city, a suburb, or a rural area? Etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM

Thank you both for the responses...So I really don't like rural!!! I would love to live somewhere where everything is a walking distance but I can settle with suburbs not too far from parks..shops/groceries/kid activities/gym...
I work from home and my husband got a job in Winston salem but will be traveling most of the time (60 miles radius)...so we are not really restricted to stay in W-S although I liked that "arbyunc" said it has more character!
My dream is to live in a neighborhood where the kids can play outside with the neighbors I know i can dream... like I said i have 2 years old that will have to go to a daycare hopefully not too far...a 5years old that started KG

Thank you so much for the input!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
We might could help you better if you give us a little more info--will you be working in one city or the other? Do you prefer to live in the city, a suburb, or a rural area? Etc.
Watch it with the Southern talk with the Yankees.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM

hahahaha I'm actually not a yankee... we just moved here in July from Greenville, SC!! and down south again...glad I will miss my first real winter up north

Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanfaith View Post
hahahaha I'm actually not a yankee... we just moved here in July from Greenville, SC!! and down south again...glad I will miss my first real winter up north
lol, ok.
Though I am a Yankee...I just try to keep it quiet (unless I'm looking for NY-style pizza). I certainly don't miss the NY winters.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times
I'm looking for a townhouse in either Winston-Salem or Greensboro ideally withing walking distance of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. HOA $150 or less. Am I asking for pie in the sky/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point