U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 AM

5 posts, read 7,976 times

Advertisements

Trying to relocate to one of these communities, Lewisville, Clemmons, or Kernersville. Which are most community involved, great schools, and convenient to shopping? Which would be the best for a young family? Thanks for any advice or info you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 05:43 AM

700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Default Let's see

Clemmons & Lewisville are similar yet different. Lewisville has a lot of functions at their community square. You are close enough to both to enjoy each others plus. Clemmons has many different places to eat. Like golf you are close to several golf courses. You really have no need to have to run far. Great thing is you have Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and The Mall a short drive away. Schools each has some great schools within the community. But, I look at schools as what the people do for it. People returning to support the next group to those there who support it. Like West Forsyth. You would be surprise at the number of returning alumni that come back and support the school though it's different activities. From Football to plays to chorus and band concerts. Not just those who attend that year.

Kernersville: It is a small little city. It has grown from a small town bedroom community. To a small city bedroom community. It's schools are good. As most if The local system. Not many problems. Support is more along the lines of going there now and a few years after leaving. You do have a Lowes, Walmart and a couple of other larger stores. So you could stay away from the Mall. You are closer to Greensboro. So you would love the shorter ride. There are a couple of golf course.

All three have pluses and minuses. If I was to rank them to live in. I would have to say based on activities, schools and shopping. Clemmons would have to go number one. It just has what you need without the city hassles. Lewisville would have to be second. Close to things with more community based things happening. Kernersville. I just see them as a small little city trying to get bigger. They have a lot to offer. Yet they are losing that small community feel.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM

201 posts, read 519,307 times
All are very similar and Clemmons and Lewisville are side by side so seem almost as one. If you need to be closer to High Point or Greensboro I would say go for Kernersville, otherwise I prefer Clemmons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point