Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 13,240 times

Advertisements

Have you been to both? And if so which one do you prefer and do you have a specific person you go to at each?

Old 08-01-2008, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 42,383 times
Nah gurl you need to check out Evelyn and April down in Mebane at La Look Day Spa & Salon. They do the real dominican doobie, with or without the blow out. Evelyn is a Puerto Rican from Brooklyn that had a shop up there and April is from Jersey and they be doin mad work on you, from head to toe. I went and got my hair done and I felt like a queen. They treated me right and made me feel real comfortable. I went to that place in Winston and I thought those people were rude and ghetto. Miss Evelyn and Miss April gave me a real good doobie, a pedicure and I got complementary cheese, fruit and a glass of wine with my service and it didn't break my pocket. I thought I was back in da Bronx getting my hair done. I started with them when they opened up two months ago and my hair has been growing ever since. I threw away my curling irons and I just take that ride every two weeks. Check them out (919)304-4222.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 42,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubiannurse View Post
This number has been disconnected.
I guess that says a lot about their salon. They also use WAY TOO MUCH heat on your hair. I got burnt that last time they did it and that's why I drive from Winston down to Mebane to Miss Evelyn or Miss April to do my hair. And Jackie from High Point burned my scalp when I tried her. I smelled burning flesh when she did my doo. I will make that trip to Mebane EVERY TWO WEEK faithfully for my doobie wrap.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:14 PM

8 posts, read 55,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolady247 View Post
I guess that says a lot about their salon. They also use WAY TOO MUCH heat on your hair. I got burnt that last time they did it and that's why I drive from Winston down to Mebane to Miss Evelyn or Miss April to do my hair. And Jackie from High Point burned my scalp when I tried her. I smelled burning flesh when she did my doo. I will make that trip to Mebane EVERY TWO WEEK faithfully for my doobie wrap.
I did not like Jackie. She was awful. I went two times and never went to her again.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 13,114 times
I went down and got a wrap the other week. I was impressed with the technique and will go again, but I will not get a relaxer there unless I get it from April. She was doing a relaxer while I was there, she uses salon quality products (Straight Request, but she said she also uses Ashtae or Nairobi) but there was some old box DARK AND LOVELY relaxer in the closet in plain sight and several of them at that. I asked her who uses that mess and she said those belonged to Evelyn. THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THAT I WOULD PAY ANY PRICE FOR THAT GARBAGE ON MY HAIR!!! I can go buy that mess myself for $6; why would I pay $45 for someone to put that in my hair. So if I do let them put one in my hair, I would go to April to get it done. Dark & Lovely is some of the worst product and I would never, I repeat, NEVER put it in my hair. Then I asked Evelyn what kind of relaxer she uses and she told me Dark & Lovely and Optimum. Optimum isn't any better. How can she charge that much for such cheap product? Is that legal? I like everything else that she did, but she would never put a relaxer in for me. I guess I will have to go to the other lady (Miss April) for a relaxer but I will definately let either of them do my wrap. My hair felt great afterwards and was easy to care for over the last two weeks. So, yes I suggest trying La Look for the Dominican Wrap but watch who does your relaxer.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 26,220 times
I have been seeing Evelyn for the past 10 years for the Domincan Latin Wrap. She recently opened a Salon in Mebane called La Look Day Spa. She is awesome!!!! The number is 919/304-4222. I used to see her when she was in New York and now I make it my business to get to her in Mebane.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:04 PM

2 posts, read 26,220 times
I have learned that sometimes...it has nothing to do with the product but the hand that is using the product!!! Evelyn is annointed to do hair and she can lay your hair out!!!! In 10 years of seeing her my hair has always looked good. I travel internationally for my job and always have to be ready to go and thanks to Evelyn have always been ready and have never...ever had a bad hair day. I look sharp...am sharp and live sharp. I think it says a lot about Evelyn's character that when she was asked what the product was she readily shared the name of the product. Actually, I never have paid Evelyn $45 for my hair services. I gladly pay more because she is worth it! She gives alot and in turn should be given alot. But to each his/her own.

Last edited by autumngal; 08-24-2008 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: removed font tags

Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 12,982 times
Default My Hair, My money, My Experience, Our Preferences

In view of the recent feedback regarding La Look Day Spa in Mebane...I feel the need to give my opinion as we ALL have the right to do! First of all, this is my hair...I have one head and one mane! So...when I choose to spend my money on my hair, I look for quality. When I say quality, I truely mean my overall experience in a salon and the stylist, their experience, their products, their recommendations and their attitudes. This is my hair, I like it a certain way on certain days for different occassions and most stylist will listen to your preferences....and this is what I have found at La Look! We're all adults ladies, so speak up for what you like. Talk to your stylist and if you dont like or prefer the product that they recommend, then RESPECTFULLY TELL THEM. You don't need to rag on someone over the internet....I prefer professional salon relaxers and I too will not pay an outrageous amount for a perm that I could purchase for $6 at the local store...Ive had both Evelyn and April to do my hair...and I have the best of both worlds...when I want body and curls...I get it and when I want silky, smooth, straight bouncy wraps...I get it! The salon is wonderful...No loud music, no loud tv, no gossiping, no street hustlers coming in and selling their latest items, cd's, dvd's, etc...So if you want the Dominican Wrap and Quality service, speak up, tell them what you want and what you expect..success is sometimes measured by listening to those that are going to "buy in" to what you're trying to sell..in other words...there won't be a La Look in Mebane, without us..Its your hair,, your money and your preference! But remember you dont have the cosmetologist license!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 13,127 times
I really dont understand what the problem is when you know what product is being used and its giving you the hair you wished you were born with ,ha ha its not just what you pay for the product if its being used properly next time you go to la looks spa take a good look around you do you see any of their regulars with bald spots were the hair should be on the side of your temples when your hair dresser may have used a more expensive relaxer but the out come was mess again not so much on the product but more on the experience you wont see no bald heads coming out of la .look garunteeeed .9193044222 gurl go get your har did dont hate enjoy the doobee wrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point