U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,556 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a couple of career opportunities that would require me to relocate to Winston-Salem or Greensboro area. I'm planning to move from the Boston area at the end of this year. I'm a single woman in my mid-30's, so safety and convenience are my top priorities. I prefer to live in a security entrance apartment building for at least a year until I decide to purchase a house/condo. My rental range is between $1,000-$2,000/mo. Coming from Boston, I don't think that will be a problem to find in NC. I like historical and comtemporary areas with restaurants and shopping nearby, so downtown living would be ideal for me. But I'm also very open to living in the suburbs.

I'm really excited to move to the area. I've been wanting to move to the Southeast for many years now!

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM

302 posts, read 536,988 times
Nissen building apts are ideal for you in downtown Winston-Salem

Old 10-18-2011, 04:33 PM

479 posts, read 730,807 times
Nissen in downtown W-S is indeed very nice. But bringing Groceries in, the parking scenarios, etc. Also the windows are large and "cold" in the winters.

Chamberlin Place on the Clemmons side of W-S is a couple of years old. Granite Counters, half baths, gas fire places and ceiling fans. Natural gas heat as well and some units offer wooded views. It's also Gated.

For Greensboro, Bridford Lakes off Wendover and Bridford Parkway is gated, as well as Granite Ridge off Piedmont Parkway between Greensboro and High Point. There are condos for Rent in downtown Greensboro as well as City View at SouthSide. http://cityviewatsouthside.com/

Between Nissen and City View? I'd choose City View, but a little biast in prefering Greensboro's downtown. Like Natty Greene's. Cafe Europa. McCoul's. The Idiot Box. There's even a Spanish Tapas bar.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:49 PM

42 posts, read 72,191 times
I am considering a move to the Winston-Salem, NC area this year. I am retired on "fixed income" and do not work for more money tho I might consider finding something minimum wage once I am there. I am curious about the cost of living, reasonably priced cat friendly apartments ($500-$575, more if utilities are included), other expenses once established. I am divorced woman 72 y/o and in good health. I like the idea that the mountains are not too far away for a visit and also can drive to the coast when I want to. Any information will be very much appreciated. I am located in central NY state and want a change in weather, etc.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:15 PM

28,490 posts, read 62,120,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaIzz View Post
...that would require me to relocate to Winston-Salem or Greensboro area.
Once you decide which job suits your career best ...
and from that which city you'll need to be in/near... THEN look into rentals.

You'll have more than enough choices.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,808,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrational View Post
once you decide which job suits your career best ...
And from that which city you'll need to be in/near... Then look into rentals.

You'll have more than enough choices.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:00 PM

28,490 posts, read 62,120,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
I sure do wish CD would just close these old threads

Old 01-22-2015, 05:01 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,808,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I sure do wish CD would just close these old threads
Agree.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:21 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,656,439 times
Also... No offense to JEB41542 (she's a newbie & it's her first post), but it would be more helpful if folks would start their own new threads rather than tacking onto an older one started by someone else.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:47 PM

42 posts, read 72,191 times
Default Sorry

Roadpony: Thanks for remarking on my post. You are quite right, I am a newbie and I should not have tacked my comment onto someone else's. I promise to do better next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point