U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 05:02 PM

62 posts, read 126,623 times

Advertisements

I live in Kernersville and need a bank. Which bank is better? Thinking of BB&T or Southern Community. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM

700 posts, read 1,439,028 times
I have banked with both. About three years ago. Switched to SC. Love them. They really have that personal touch. If you just want to be a number. BB&T is best. SC has been solid though the banking crap of the last few years. Love them. They have ALL my business.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:29 PM

3,869 posts, read 6,677,871 times
I've never banked with SC, but I've been with BB&T for nearly 15 years. I have had nothing but good experience with BB&T. Among other things, consider the convenience of plenty of ATM locations throughout the Southeastern US, not just in Forsyth County. Have had 2 mortgages, too, and never a problem that wasn't fixed quickly.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM

273 posts, read 851,568 times
I'll recommend SC, as that's who I've had for the past 3 yrs. They got me hooked on a 4% apy checking account, however, that deal is long gone. Very personal service when you use a branch. Has everything online that I need. They offer an account that gives you free atm access anywhere (also refund other banks fees), so long as you make 10 debit purchases a month and have a direct deposit. This is a very nice feature so that if I am ever stuck and need to make a withdrawal, I don't have to worry about a 25% charge. Came in handy when traveling overseas as it never cost me a dime to withdraw money. I'm a pretty easy bank customer, but I'm glad I made the switch from BOA to SC when I did.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 AM

62 posts, read 126,623 times
Thanks for the info. Seems SC is a good choice from other people I have talked to also.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 AM

700 posts, read 1,439,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
I'll recommend SC, as that's who I've had for the past 3 yrs. They got me hooked on a 4% apy checking account, however, that deal is long gone. Very personal service when you use a branch. Has everything online that I need. They offer an account that gives you free atm access anywhere (also refund other banks fees), so long as you make 10 debit purchases a month and have a direct deposit. This is a very nice feature so that if I am ever stuck and need to make a withdrawal, I don't have to worry about a 25% charge. Came in handy when traveling overseas as it never cost me a dime to withdraw money. I'm a pretty easy bank customer, but I'm glad I made the switch from BOA to SC when I did.
Did you sign up for the UChoose program. Have already ordered two gift cards. One of $100 to Best Buys & another for $50 to Walmart. Free money to spend money. Which is what I do anyway. Bills, gas, groceries. Nice to get something I want when I want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point