U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM

10 posts, read 37,759 times

Advertisements

I am in need of a new vehicle. I have been to several dealerships for test drives and have been doing alot of research online. I really like the compact SUVs. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM

138 posts, read 367,156 times
I bought a new Honda CR-V (which I love) from Gerry Wood Honda in Salisbury, a year and a half ago. I went to Salisbury because I was dissatisfied with both Vann York & Crown Honda. I was also happy with my experience at Modern Toyota, though we didn't buy from there because we didn't like the RAV4. Green Ford was also good, but we decided against the Escape as well.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,085,655 times
This thread is a joke, right? "Reputable car dealership"...Hahahahahahah, that's a good one!!!!

Seriously, a few thoughts that may help:

First, you're buying a car, not looking for someone to join your social club. And while everyone likes to have an enjoyable car-buying experience, it really doesn't matter much how you're treated (within reason) as long as you get the best price. So concentrate on finding the actual dealer cost of the vehicle you want, then negotiate firmly. If the mean guy gives you the best deal, take it. You'll forget all about how he acted when you think about the money you saved. Or you can even do it all over the internet, so you never even have to talk to the mean guy.

That said, I've had good personal experiences at Bob King dealerships, at Modern Toyota, and at Parkway Ford. I've had bad experiences at Flow Honda and North Point Dodge. That's just my personal view, others may have different experiences of course.

And as far as brands, you should definitely check out the Hyundai and Kia offerings. They offer the best-in-class value/quality in many of their models.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM

700 posts, read 1,436,341 times
Buy a Mercedes. Service is great.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:24 AM

10,571 posts, read 4,411,615 times
Gerry wood in salisbury good place check out web prices. Service Dept. really run wellDodge,Kia Honda

Old 10-30-2011, 11:55 AM

201 posts, read 519,307 times
We received wonderful service at Flow Honda in W/S--both a Civic and CRV last summer

Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM

479 posts, read 730,910 times
Generally, I like going to "family-owned" dealerships...in smaller cities. Current favorite is Victory Chevrolette in Madison, NC. The negotiation process was very "relaxed."

No high pressure or strong arm tactics. The numbers either worked or they didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point