U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 01:24 PM

15 posts, read 27,754 times

Advertisements

What are considered the Best High schools in the Greensboro/Winston Salem area? We are considering the Lake Jeanette area, since it is convenient and looks like a desirable area. I've Read that the Northwest school district is good, but the area seems a bit out of the way. The Lake Jeanette area seems more developed, and is zoned for Page High School. Is this considered a good high school?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu 13 View Post
What are considered the Best High schools in the Greensboro/Winston Salem area? We are considering the Lake Jeanette area, since it is convenient and looks like a desirable area. I've Read that the Northwest school district is good, but the area seems a bit out of the way. The Lake Jeanette area seems more developed, and is zoned for Page High School. Is this considered a good high school?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sorry to say, Guilford County Schools (Greensboro) aren't that stellar, especially at the high school level. Best one academically would be Northwest Guilford, though the newer Northern Guilford isn't far behind in the numbers. Page is pretty middle of the road, not failing terribly, but not tops either. I believe Lake Jeanette is assigned to Page, but you'd want to call the schools office and double check.

In Winston Salem (Forsyth County) the best choices for public high school would be West Forsyth High and Reagan High.

But in both counties the best high schools are the "early college" programs which are limited to about 200 or so students and run in cooperation with the local colleges.

http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/

As with anything else, numbers don't tell the whole story, so do plan to visit the schools in areas you may potentially be moving to to get a feel for things on your own.

If you are by any chance Catholic, you may want to consider the academically rigorous and well respected Bishop McGuinness High School.

It is located between Greensboro and Winston Salem in Kernersville right off I40. Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School - Home Page

I hope this info is helpful to you

Last edited by lovesMountains; 11-14-2011 at 10:42 PM..

Old 11-18-2011, 06:36 PM

15 posts, read 27,754 times
Thanks for this information! If we do end up in Greensboro/Winston, we will probably focus our search on the Northwest Guilford area. Is this a rapidly growing area? When we visited the Charlotte area, we liked the South Charlotte area a lot, but our employment opportunities aren't in Charlotte, right now, unfortunately. Is there anywhere in G'boro similar, to S. Charlotte/Ballantyne?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:45 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Glad to help

The closest thing I can think of similar to south Charlotte and Ballantyne is Bermuda Run. It's southwest of Winston Salem near Clemmons. Still, I'd check it out if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point