Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 8,023 times

Advertisements

My fiance and are are looking to move to Greensboro or Kernersville from Coudersport, PA within the next month or so. I was basically curious of the high crime areas to shy away from , as every city has them. I've lived in Chicago, IL and South Bend, IN, but was lucky enough to have friends that live in nice neighborhoods ;p . We've never been to either city in NC, he has to relocate for time warner. It would b a great help if anyone could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks much
Jess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,562 times
Default Gso

East and south Greensboro are the high-crime areas of the city.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Talking thanks

thanks, we were browsing the internet trying to find a few places to look at when we go down to check it out, possibly this or next weekend. We'll be renting and its pretty much what it costs to live up here in PA. The rental spike up here was due to Adelphia having started in this town, ick. Anyway, not having much luck in the rental house search. have any recommended links etc?

Old 12-09-2006, 06:42 PM

UPDATE - Well, we decided upon Kernersville. Seems like a rather nice area. My fiance moved here Oct. 5th and I've been here since Oct. 17th and we love it. Not quite city life, but the options to enjoy the bigger city w/i a 15 minute drive. We're looking to buy a house within the next two years and we'll b here till we're old and gray.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:02 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,856 times
Kernersville is a good choice. I have an aunt/uncle who live there. Nice town. The most convenient town to Greensboro, Winston Salem, or High Point. Good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point