U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:58 AM

29 posts, read 133,596 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am interesting in moving to NC next summer, but I am not sure about what city is going to be the right choice for me. I am currently in a community college in baltimore majoring in computer information systems. In my area of interest as far as moving, I am looking for somwhere that has a good university and a good work force. I would like to be close to the university, but I am also considering online classes.

I am also wondering if anyone knows anything about the fayetteville area? Any input on any area is greatly appreciated. Any output is welcomed. As of the moment I am on my own in the moving stage.

Thanks in advanced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,883 times
I personally don't like Fayetteville. Dirty, crowded.

Check out Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Charlotte.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 AM

how are the universities and work force in greensboro?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:28 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,883 times
We have UNC-G, Guilford College, North Carolina A&T, Bennett. Possibly a couple more that I'm forgetting. Plenty to choose from. I haven't heard anything negative about them.

As far as work force, I'm no authority on that subject. I hear nursing is a good choice here. HondaJet will be here soon (or may be already), as will Fed Ex. Dell Computers is here in the Triad already. I really can't think of anything else. Hopefully someone who can better answer your questions will come along soon.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 AM

thank you for your feedback, greatly appreciated! I misunderstood the city someone one was telling me about, but it wasn't fayetteville. I am now considering charolette, i have family in raleigh and near durham, BUT I dont want to be toooooooo close to them. I want to have my own piece of mind and space.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM

525 posts, read 1,925,298 times
Greensboro would be perfect for you- 1.5 hours from Raleigh,1.5 hrs to charlotte, colleges, nightlife, restaurants... not too big, not too small. It really does have everything you need, and cheaper to boot. Jobs will depend on what you do- we have tons of service industry jobs, new Honda Jet, Dell (in Winston) and soon, Fed Ex hub! So you will hopefully have lots of options.

Let me know if you have any questions. I love it here!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM

109 posts, read 350,979 times
Default I agree on Greensboro

I am living in Charlotte now but I like Greensboro much better.
Greensboro has some of the best colleges anywhere and a wonderful
quality of life.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:19 PM

Default curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysListing View Post
I am living in Charlotte now but I like Greensboro much better.
Greensboro has some of the best colleges anywhere and a wonderful
quality of life.
What makes you like greensboro more? My mind is not made of on Charlotte, it was a thought since its popular, I am keeping my options open!
I am not a party personbut I want to go out from time to time, I am the kind of person who would rather be a home with that someone spec ial

Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 AM

109 posts, read 350,979 times
Default Why I like Greensboro

Start with the highway approach into Greensboro, especially coming
north from Charlotte. Next, drive to the airport from downtown Greensboro.
Check out the parks and recreation system, schools etc.
Check out all the colleges and universities.
Visit the baseball stadium downtown and check out the attendance records.
Check out the local government. I had a bad experience with the water
dept lately. I called to voice my concern. I talked to the mayor's office
and city manager's office. The city manager called me back and the
gentleman over the water dept called twice. They were professional
and apologetic.
And don't forget, 2 hours to the mountains and 4 to the coast.
And of course, the larger coliseum than Charlotte that gets the ACC
tournament and many NCAA games.
I could go on, but I will stop.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
When considering NC cities, check out Winston-Salem. Lots of history, culture and not as traffic congested as some of the other cities. Nearby GSBO has more night life than W-S, but Winston is coming around with the recent surge of downtown living lofts and restaraunts. Trade Street downtown has some great and unique stores/art boutiques, free outdoor concerts in the summer months. I moved myself from Cleveland over eight years ago and have loved this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point