U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:30 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,103,476 times

Advertisements

We visited Divine Llama Vineyards in East Bend recently. We enjoyed it; this was our first visit to a NC winery. We'll try others in the near future.

Anyone have suggestions for their favorite spots for wine tasting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,225,496 times
The big N.C. wine festival will be at the Tanglewood park the last week of May (I think!) I went there for the first time last year and it trumps any of the wine festivals I've been to in VA. My fiancee and I have been to a few places for wine tasting, but she'd have to tell you the names, because I seem to forget the names..lol! (which must mean either the wine was very very good or very very bad...hahaha)

Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 AM

115 posts, read 153,991 times
We're going to the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival this May 19th. Apparently more than 20 or so wineries will have booths set up for the Festival. We've tried a few N.C. wines (bought from Total Wine) and actually enjoyed them. We were surprised. We're looking forward to the festival. Have rented a small cabin for the weekend.

Yadkin Valley Wine Festival Home Page

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
We're going to the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival this May 19th. Apparently more than 20 or so wineries will have booths set up for the Festival. We've tried a few N.C. wines (bought from Total Wine) and actually enjoyed them. We were surprised. We're looking forward to the festival. Have rented a small cabin for the weekend.

Yadkin Valley Wine Festival Home Page
Wine festivals are definitely the way to go IMO! Just pay your entrance fee and taste as much as you want! Of course, I find myself having very bad acid reflux the next day from tasting so many different types of wine...lol!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 AM

This will be our first wine festival in N.C. We booked the cabin so we would have a little bit more time to explore the area AND would not have to drink and drive...

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
This will be our first wine festival in N.C. We booked the cabin so we would have a little bit more time to explore the area AND would not have to drink and drive...
Let us know how that wine festival is, maybe next year I might consider going. There is a wine festival up at Smith Mountain Lake in VA that we go to each year. It isn't as big as the NC one I went to last year, but it's very very nice!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM

I don't know where Smith Mountain Lake, VA is or how far it might be from Greensboro. We've only lived here a short time, so have not had a lot of time to explore the region(s).

I'll come back and post our experience after the festival.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,103,476 times
I will mention that we enjoyed the wines at Divine Llama...they use four types of grapes to make the wine. I'm not a connoisseur by any stretch - I generally like moderately sweet whites. But they had a red that was decent. Bought a couple of bottles to take home (we drink only a couple of bottles per month).

Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I don't know where Smith Mountain Lake, VA is or how far it might be from Greensboro. We've only lived here a short time, so have not had a lot of time to explore the region(s).

I'll come back and post our experience after the festival.
It's probably a couple hours up North. It's around Rocky Mount, VA.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM

302 posts, read 536,664 times
I would recommend Raffaldini at Swan Creek near Jonesville/Elkin. The winery is Tuscan in feel as the family is Italian and live in Winston-Salem, and the views toward Roaring Gap and the Blue Ridge to the north are stunning. The Sangeovese (sp?) is my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point