U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 07:54 AM

115 posts, read 154,319 times

Advertisements

To all you Moms out there.

Looks like we'll have nice weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 AM

12,577 posts, read 13,321,868 times
Speaking of which,the wife and I were in the procrastinator's card store, upon checking out the cashier wished my wife a happy Mother's day.
A pretty daring assumption this day & age.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 AM

True, I got the same thing everywhere I went yesterday; "Happy Mother's Day" Obviously no harm is meant and, in my case, I am a Mom, so no problem. The cashiers at the grocery store were wishing the men Happy Mother's Day too ! :-)

At the grocery store and at Target, the card section was mobbed with males. I didn't see any females, but I guess it was just a timing thing as I'm sure daughters were buying cards too.

Bunches of men (several with children in tow) were buying tulips and mixed flower bouquets at the grocery store. How nice.

I'll be off to take my Mom to lunch and my daughter will be joining us. Rare.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
Happy Mother Days and you are in my thoughts to all the moms in domestic partership working for the city of Greensboro who will end there benefits at the end of year as they try to figure how they will make ends meet as they face dilemma on how to fill the prescriptions for the kids, doctors appointments, etc once they loose there benefits thanks to A1.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Yikes ! What a way to sadden a happy thread...

Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,321,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Happy Mother Days and you are in my thoughts to all the moms in domestic partership working for the city of Greensboro who will end there benefits at the end of year as they try to figure how they will make ends meet as they face dilemma on how to fill the prescriptions for the kids, doctors appointments, etc once they loose there benefits thanks to A1.
Not that it will make a difference, kind of a consolation prize, but Greensboro overall was against.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not that it will make a difference, kind of a consolation prize, but Greensboro overall was against.
I saw that when the for only receive 50.03% of vote that means the vote was split, despite the outcome I would like a recount so in my mind it 8 1/2 of counties in Nc against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
Yikes ! What a way to sadden a happy thread...
Sorry, tough week but just bringing out obvious of moms who have to be fighters now.

So Happy Mother's Day to my mom who raise 6 children pretty much by herself as my late dad divorce when I was two in Lexington.

She fighting with Cancer now and I moved back in to take care of her to take her to hospital, doctors etc.
She allot better now the fighter she is, she even drove to Kentucky mountains to see her mom and just got back today.
Its terminal and expected to live for about another year but I want to be there so she not alone.

Today I went to Lowes to buy her a perennial flower so she can enjoy it next year from what she said.
Also I found this cute card that folds out into a flower in pot.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 PM

Oh I'm sorry Sunny. I'm glad you are there for your Mom. I'm sure it means the world to her.

I hope some of your siblings will help too.

Yes, there were so many people buying Mother's Day gifts at the Lowe's in Oak Ridge yesterday. It was really sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point