U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 24,492 times

Advertisements

has anyone heard of those apartments? what type of rep does it have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 08:08 PM

97 posts, read 253,879 times
Okay, I've posted on other threads giving people info about certain apartment complexes in Winston because I'm from there. Growing up and just over the years, you learn about these places, so I'm giving information based on my experiences or those of friends of mine. I would advise you to find a cardboard box and live up under a bridge on I40 before moving to this place. My very first apartment was in this complex- I was just 18 years old. Back then it was called Brittany Oaks. It has changed management and names several times over the years, but this place as well as the other apartments right across the street (plain brick buildings) are not good places to live. My grandparents lived on Ranch drive just above these apartments. Their house was in a subdivision off University Pkwy- all the neighbors knew each other, had keys to each others' places for when people went out of town, quiet streets. But if my gramma and I took a right onto University and then the next right onto Brownsboro Road to go to the Circle K to get her cigarettes or some gas, it was like being in a completely different section of town. I read a review online about this place from someone who said that when she moved in they had 24/7 security at the gates and it wasn't too bad. But according to her, they've started accepting section 8 vouchers and there is a lot of drug activity and crime there now. She said they were trying to sell the property, so maybe they're trying to rent as many units as possible. That review was written just four months ago, by the way. Do not be fooled by all the awesome reviews you see on other websites about this place. If they're trying to sell, they're flooding these sites with great reviews hoping to attract people to move in.

Another piece of advice I give people who are looking to rent apartments in Winston is to call the WSPD and speak with a community liaison officer. They can give you detailed information about a specific street or apartment complex. That way you don't have to rely on crime statistics for a broader area of town from online. The number is 336-773-7700.

Hope this helps, and I hope you'll be able to find something that you'll be happy with. Are you moving to Winston from out of town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point