U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM

20 posts, read 55,929 times

Advertisements

We moved here earlier this year from out of state. I ended up hiring a lawn-care guy who was recommended by our leasing company. Well, we are now at the 2-week mark of him just not showing up, not returning calls, etc. I have no clue why--we always paid in full and immediately upon receiving an invoice.

I have since called two other companies to try and get a quote and the first didn't return my call/the second did, but then didn't ever come to actually give a quote. I don't understand this, we never had any issues in the city where we used to live. Can anyone suggest someone that is actually reliable (feel free to send a dm if you don't want to publicly post)--we both travel a lot for work and can't always be around to take care of it ourselves. We live in NW-GSO near PTI. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 PM

28,487 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Your best bet will be someone who already does a lawn or two on your street.
Ideally right next door.

Ask some neighbors who they use.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:50 PM

20 posts, read 55,929 times
MrRational--I would agree; however, most in our neighborhood (which really isn't a fit for us) seem to either mow themselves, or not be willing to chat with us (I/and or/we have attempted to initiate conversations with most of the neighbors, none of which have gone anywhere--possibly because we are here so infrequently). So we haven't really gotten any leads that way.

I'm still just floored by the lack of lawn-care here. I mean all you hear on TV is how "everyone" can't find a job, and yet I can't seem to find anyone to mow my smallish/flat/rental lawn with no landscaping to speak of/ even for more than I was willing to pay our last guy in Chicago (all considering you never have to see/talk with us/we pay on time, etc)--REALLY??? Maybe I'm just not adjusted to the area yet but good grief, I wouldn't think this would take such effort to locate. For me, this has been one aspect of "local" living that I just cannot seem to adjust to.

Perhaps things do move "slower", but good grief, it is summer, I can't not have the lawn mowed for a month, and yet I have to leave town again on Monday/hubby is still away and, yet, I still can't seem to find anyone who will actually show up.

Last edited by jdl147; 06-22-2012 at 12:11 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,104,088 times
The guy that does our lawn is lazy, smelly, out of shape, has a bad attitude, and does a poor job with the lawn. And he only bothers to mow when my wife complains that the lawn needs to be mowed. You want his number?

Sorry, I only work on my own lawn - not giving you my number.

Serious answer: I would see if you can find out who's maintaining the lawns of neighbors. You don't have to talk with the neighbors if you're around when the lawn guys are there - just get the company name and call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point