Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,299 times

Advertisements

Hello Possible Future Neighbors,

My wife and I will likely be moving to Greensboro in the next couple of months for my job. We are very excited about the move as we are sick of the "same-ole" grind of Houston suburbs. So we are making this transition with very open minds because at the this point we feel ANY change would be good.

We've been living in a home in a suburb north of Houston that I've heard has been one of the fastest growing communities in America. So needless to say, this area has become way too overpopulated for my taste. Where there used to be no traffic lights, there are now three, what used to be a 5 minute drive is now 15, what used to be a nice local dining experience has now been overrun by franchise chains. Nowadays, I honestly do not think you can drive anywhere in Houston without it taking atleast 30 minutes to get there.

So, that being said, we are looking for something different in Greensboro. The current idea (although I'm sure it will change back and forth several times) is to try downtown living. We like the idea of being able to walk to places since trying to walk ANYWHERE in our current neighborhood is simply not feasible. So we've been doing our research on apartments, locations, restaurants, bars, groceries, etc. and really like what we see on the internet about CityView apartments. You guys and particulary GSOBOI have contributed some great information and pictures of the apartments. However, if I've performed my "Search" properly, there is no information on this board regarding the property that is newer than 2008.

So:

- Does anyone still live there?
- GSOBOI, do you still live there?
- Is it still as nice ... or maybe even better?
- Does anyone have any more current or updated photos?
- Would anyone suggest another apartment that is similar to City View (keeping in mind that location is really our #1 priority)?

Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

... and if we end up being neighbors, I'll have to buy you a beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
There is a new complex being built on the north end you might want to check out:
Greenway at Fisher Park » apartments

I can't give you any first hand info on City View, but we have lived downtown for over a year and love it!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,299 times
Thanks for the info! I had not heard of that place yet. It looks really nice and convenient.

Also glad to hear that you love it there!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 AM

273 posts, read 950,090 times
Dan, sounds like you perhaps were in The Woodlands. I spent a couple of years there 05-07, and I loved it, but seemed like it was on it's way to being WAY over developed. I will say, the move from Houston to GSO/WS will be a change. If you're used to spending most of your time in the woodlands, you will find Greensboro/Friendly Center area, to be relatively close to the woodlands vibe. Good luck in your move!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Dan View Post
Thanks for the info! I had not heard of that place yet. It looks really nice and convenient.

Also glad to hear that you love it there!
It's so new they are leasing units while the construction project is still ongoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point