U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 875 times

Advertisements

I know. Most animal hospitals here require you to pay up front, but I really cannot afford anything right now. My cat's eye needs medical attention. It was scratched, and I'm afraid it'll only get worse if I sit around panicking and worrying. It's starting to get very swollen, her third eyelid is showing, and it's red, which is a very bad sign. I want to do everything I can to help her because she's my world. I can't even bear the fact that is happening right when things are going horrible financially. I had to move out my house two months ago because it was going to be foreclosed. I was lucky enough to find a very reasonable apartment without even paying to move in. I'm actually almost behind on my first month's rent even though I've managed to pay most of it. It's a hassle to buy food and cat food right now. I'm working, but I can't even get to work everyday due to the fact my car got repossessed a few months back, so I have to get there by asking for a ride from friends. That's not exactly a reliable transportation. Because of that, my paychecks even lower than it already was.

Anyway, I really need to get her some help. I know I shouldn't even have or deserve a pet because I'm too poor and struggling to make a living right now, but I truly love her. I took her, or well tried to, an animal hospital and I didn't even have enough money for her to be seen. The lady there advised me to clean it with sterile saline solution, and come back when I can. I did go buy some, and I have tried cleaning it with that, but this looks serious and it's going to take more than saline solution to help. Her eye looks awful, she keeps it closed most of the time. Despite that, she's not showing signs of being sick, like not eating for example. She seems to get around fine as well. I know she's in pain though, and that's what kills me. I try to make sure she doesn't rub it, because she's been doing that constantly.

I tried looking up what might be wrong, but it's best if a vet looks at it. Has anyone had a vet accept payments? Care credit has also denied me, but I think it's because my credit is awful. Most of these financial aid websites either don't have any funds right now or they're not even available in this area. All the North Carolina based charities are either for spay/neuter programs, vaccinations, or food. The only one for financial assistance is only for animal hospitals located all the way out in Raleigh. I tried asking family for loans, but no one seems to have any money right now. Plus, they don't care about animals. They're the kind of people who laugh at pet owners who take their pets to a vet, or talk about abandoning them on the street if they can't afford them. Really, it's difficult to get them to understand what I feel or what I'm going through.

I've researched for days trying to figure out what do to, but I'm stumped. It's my fault this is even happening, and I really want to help her. I'd do anything for her, and seeing her suffer makes me suffer as well. I doubt vets work for free, and I completely understand that they need to make a living too. I just can't seem to find any place that bills later. I guess because no one pays them back...

I'm trying to call all the hospitals in this city to see if I can negotiate something with them, even though I doubt they'll accept, it's worth a shot, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,335,864 times
In what city?
The Humane Society in Greenboro has a clinic on N Church St that provides vet services at discounted prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point