U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM

22 posts, read 30,905 times

Advertisements

Correct W-S WAS on the cutting edge of aviation. WAS and IS are very different. The city does have trouble free traffic because people don't seek out W-S as a land of opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM

28,525 posts, read 62,253,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
gsoboi, no offense but IMO your post is way off base.
Which is a common theme.

Quote:
I think you have it backwards...
I think he has an agenda. Perhaps even a paid one.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,318,529 times
Who ever designed the on/off ramps for US-52/I-40B inside of Winston was a complete moron.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM

3,119 posts, read 4,153,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83mercury View Post
Honestly..I spent 22 years in W-S and I could not wait to leave.
And the City has been on the upswing ever since.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM

2,650 posts, read 6,093,311 times
Quote:
Correct W-S WAS on the cutting edge of aviation. WAS and IS are very different. The city does have trouble free traffic because people don't seek out W-S as a land of opportunity.
The WAS is relevant to gosboi's statement that W-S has "always gotten the shaft". Not always. And still the PTI airport is closer for anyone in W-S than the Charlotte airport is for much of that metro area. We have easy access to air connections to take us wherever we need to go, at prices that are usually much better than what you'd pay in Charlotte, and with much less trouble getting in and out of the airport.

And I don't know who you've been talking to, but plenty of people seek opportunity here. 15% population growth since 2000--not overwhelming to the point we can't handle it, but still reflective of the opportunity that's here.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
And the City has been on the upswing ever since.
Upswing?? LOL

Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Who ever designed the on/off ramps for US-52/I-40B inside of Winston was a complete moron.
You said that right. Remember when they made Bethania Station Rd in Bethabara cross over the four lane highway that connects University Pkwy to Reynolda Rd and made it loop around. They finally had so many accidents that they put in stoplights. AHHH..The Winston Way

Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 6,093,311 times
Quote:
You said that right. Remember when they made Bethania Station Rd in Bethabara cross over the four lane highway that connects University Pkwy to Reynolda Rd and made it loop around. They finally had so many accidents that they put in stoplights. AHHH..The Winston Way

What are you talking about? Cities everywhere often put in stoplights to help prevent accidents--it's probably the main reason they're installed. What makes this is the "Winston way"?

Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
What are you talking about? Cities everywhere often put in stoplights to help prevent accidents--it's probably the main reason they're installed. What makes this is the "Winston way"?
Well there would not have to have been any lights installed there had they made Bethania Station go under the highway. Instead it circles back around and makes drivers cross over 4 lanes of traffic then go 1/4 mile to turn right back on Bethania Station. The W-S City council even stated it was a design flaw several years after it was completed.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,318,529 times
Quote:
Can't say I heard about it, but then again I don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point