Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM

322 posts, read 666,632 times

Advertisements

Since when have freight trains run thru PTRP?....I am trying to figure out where a freight train would have run thru downtown.....the rail line south has been revamped for future light rail transit with a new bridge built over the future PTRP Parkway has it not? If this construction area is where the poster was walking, then the judgement of downtown Winston-Salem is not a good one based on the fact that it is being transformed at the moment, and is nothing like walking along Fourth St, Trade St, or in Old Salem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,031,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
Since when have freight trains run thru PTRP?....I am trying to figure out where a freight train would have run thru downtown.....the rail line south has been revamped for future light rail transit with a new bridge built over the future PTRP Parkway has it not? If this construction area is where the poster was walking, then the judgement of downtown Winston-Salem is not a good one based on the fact that it is being transformed at the moment, and is nothing like walking along Fourth St, Trade St, or in Old Salem.
I thought the same thing...I don't know of a train that runs through that area. The whole things seems a little fishy to me.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 72,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
You should have let everyone know that industrial areas scare you...then we could have recommended Greensboro easily.

I can't believe someone would judge a city by one little corner of it, but you'll find that downtown Greensboro is just about one little corner of downtown Winston-Salem.
I have been to W-S a few times before, and I was not impressed with the other areas of the city either. This was just my first time exploring the downtown area. I am not saying its a bad place to live, its just not for me is all

Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I thought the same thing...I don't know of a train that runs through that area. The whole things seems a little fishy to me.
According to the leasing agent at The Gallery Lofts, a freight train comes through the city rather often. I witnessed it first hand, no need for me to "fudge" facts, so not sure what "fishy" scent you smell...Maybe you should check it out for yourself. Either way, its not my cup of tea

Old 08-30-2012, 09:19 PM

I am amused at the defense levels for W-S and Greensboro in this thread...Either way, thank you all for your input...I felt at home in one city over the other and there is a great selection of places to live that meet my criteria...Greensboro it is!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:21 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,031,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL2NC12 View Post
According to the leasing agent at The Gallery Lofts, a freight train comes through the city rather often. I witnessed it first hand, no need for me to "fudge" facts, so not sure what "fishy" scent you smell...Maybe you should check it out for yourself. Either way, its not my cup of tea
Good for you...I hope you enjoy suburban hell. Let's stay in touch!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 PM

231 posts, read 712,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
Since when have freight trains run thru PTRP?....I am trying to figure out where a freight train would have run thru downtown.....the rail line south has been revamped for future light rail transit with a new bridge built over the future PTRP Parkway has it not?
At least 2 trains pass through there daily.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 AM

85 posts, read 185,088 times
I'll take WS over Greensboring any GD day!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Good for you...I hope you enjoy suburban hell. Let's stay in touch!
I think I'll manage, I will only spend 40% of time there anyway

Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man From Utopia View Post
I'll take WS over Greensboring any GD day!
Different strokes for different folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point