Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What's up cityboi?
g.man you here too LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysListing View Post
One of my best friends lives there and I love it. I still come from Charlotte
to Greensboro a lot and Greensboro is utopia compared to Charlotte. I rode
the train a few weeks ago and enjoyed the beautiful train depot in the
southside area.
I still own a home built in 1910 on the other side of downtown and really
enjoy staying there when I come up.
Listen folks, I know these prices seem high to some of you. We have been
a little spoiled. If you want something, don't wait too long. Forget the BS
you hear about buyer's markets. It is all location specific. Check out the
prices in Charlotte and many other parts of the country. Greensboro is
still a bargain.
Yes and people should buy now before values go up. It really is a good time to invest in downtown Greensboro.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,397 times
I concur!

10 years ago would have been the best time to invest, but no one was listening- I spent months trying to buy a property downtown to renovate but couldn't get any bank to give me the money. Now... I need to be Milton Kern to get a building downtown.

I recommend getting a condo or something downtown now while the gettin's good. They will eventually run out of affordable spaces. Arbor Run is really nice, right next to the YMCA on Market.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:42 AM

I've also noticed that the scale of proposals are increasing. That may be due to fact that available land is becoming more and more scares so taller projects are being proposed. I really would like to see Greensboro's skyline grow. It hasnt changed in 17 years.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 953 times
THE ONLY THING I SEE IS WRONG IS.....THEY ARE TRYING AND DOING KEEPING AFRICAN AMERICAN OUT OF THE APARTMENTS, NOW I KNOW FOR MYSELF AFRICAN AMERICAN DO HAS AND HAVE MONEY. I REALLY THINK AND KNOW ITS WRONG FOR THE DEVELOPERS AND OTHER'S....(get it)! HAS TALK ABOUT WHO THEY WANT IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD, HELL THE CITY MOVE ALL THE AFRICAN AMERICAN OFF OLD ASHEBORO STREET NOW MARTIN L.KING JR. DR. EVERY BODY KNOW WHY THEY DID THAT AND THIS?

THANK YOU
A WRITER!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A WRITER View Post
THE ONLY THING I SEE IS WRONG IS.....THEY ARE TRYING AND DOING KEEPING AFRICAN AMERICAN OUT OF THE APARTMENTS, NOW I KNOW FOR MYSELF AFRICAN AMERICAN DO HAS AND HAVE MONEY. I REALLY THINK AND KNOW ITS WRONG FOR THE DEVELOPERS AND OTHER'S....(get it)! HAS TALK ABOUT WHO THEY WANT IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD, HELL THE CITY MOVE ALL THE AFRICAN AMERICAN OFF OLD ASHEBORO STREET NOW MARTIN L.KING JR. DR. EVERY BODY KNOW WHY THEY DID THAT AND THIS?

THANK YOU
A WRITER!
The last comment on this thread was in 2007.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
If I were single or my husband and I didn't have kids or we were retired and if we had a lot of money, I think it'd be cool to live there.

For now though, it's the suburbs for us. 4 bedrooms, 2½ baths, fenced in backyard, a home theater in the den, 2-car garage, etc. with a park nearby. That's what we need at this time in our lives.
Sweet, can me and my fiancee come live with ya'll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point