U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,795 times

Advertisements

Good moring everyone. My family of five is in the process of researching parts of North Carolina to relocate to in the next two years. I myself am in the Management business, and my wife is a nurse. I have two kids(12&3). We are intersted in Winston-salem area, but would love some other input into areas. I don't want to be near the coast, but instead love to be outdoors( Hunting,fishing camping). We need a city though to work, and of course a decent school system. All information is appreciated, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 06:39 AM

28,496 posts, read 62,152,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan5858 View Post
...don't want to be near the coast, but instead love to be outdoors( Hunting,fishing camping).
We need a city though to work, and of course a decent school system.
Winston-Salem should be fine.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,255 times
I suggest posting in other forums if you're interested in information on other areas. Most people will be familiar with the Triad on this board; might not have as much information on other areas.

Our favorite area is the Triangle, though the Triad is second -at least as far as a place to live is concerned; though for a family, the Triad wins out IMO - based on my subjective opinion and criteria.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,795 times
Default Thanks

I appreciate the info, its nice to see a place I can get real answers from those who really know the place. Thanks again

Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM

28,496 posts, read 62,152,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan5858 View Post
I appreciate the info, its nice to see a place I can get real answers from those who really know the place.
Just to be clear...
don't show up without at least one solid, full time, pays enough to live off of job lined up in advance.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 AM

97 posts, read 254,021 times
Hello! I've posted in other threads about areas of Winston-Salem. I'm from Winston but live in High Point- about 20 minutes away and one county over (Guilford). Winston is close to my heart so I'm biased but I will tell you a few things about the area that may interest you. It's close enough to the beach to make it a comfortable drive but not close enough to where it defines the area. It's also a short drive away from other places for those who love the outdoors- Pilot Mountain is one example. Winston offers several desirable areas for people looking to relocate to this area- there is the southern end of town, going toward Davidson County, which is laid back, quiet, with kind of a rural feel but with plenty of shopping nearby. The Ardsmore township and Washington Park area (a historic area of town which the city works to keep up) are both mentioned often when people ask about Winston. Other areas that are often recommended are Kernersville, Clemmons and the Lewisville/Pfafftown areas, all just outside Winston but still in Forsyth County. I'm not as familiar with the school systems as I was- I have two in college and two in diapers so I'm out of the loop but the last three areas I mentioned are more expensive but nice if you want to work in Winston but live in the suburbs. Regarding other cities in North Carolina, I can't offer much info but I can say you literally could not pay me to live in Charlotte because of the traffic. I drove down to Columbia, SC last weekend and just going down 77 through Charlotte was a nightmare. We wondered for about an hour what was going on up ahead that was slowing traffic to a stop and finally realized there was nothing- it was just normal traffic for Charlotte for that time of day. The last time I actually drove through Charlotte was years ago and I vowed not to go back because I thought I'd never get out. Also, I wouldn't recommend Greensboro based only on my own opinion that it offers nothing that Winston does not and is much more difficult to navigate but that's obviously up for debate. Good luck and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point