U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 PM

14 posts, read 62,745 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions as to areas to STAY AWAY from? We called a realtor and she told us that by LAW they(as well as rental agencies) are not allowed to tell you which areas are "good" vs "bad". I was also told that there are some schools that are VERY GOOD but are in areas that are not so safe. I am really confused and NEED to find a place asap as I am looking to rent out my home here. I need to get a good grip on what my rent is going to be there so I can charge accordingly to help offset the cost of living difference.

I am looking for someplace that is located between WFU hospital and the Home Depot on University parkway. I don't want to live too close to the university but close enough to the good schools.

Looking at the following schools for my son:

Meadowlark
Whitaker
Jefferson
Wallburg
Sherwood Forest
Friedburg

I don't want to live in the super rich part of town as we are middle class; I don't need fancy, just safe and practical. We are downsizing from a 2400 sqft home. We don't need something comparable. We only need a 1400-1600 sqft home as we are going to be renting out our home we own. Need to know what we can get in WS and for how much so that we can rent our home & help cover the difference in the cost of living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 02:18 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,925,255 times
I don't know of any areas on the southwest or northwest side of Winston-Salem that you should specifically stay away from...the lower-income areas are pretty much all on the east side of the city.

All of the schools you mentioned are on the western side of the city except for Wallburg and Friedburg. I'm not familiar with either, but they are probably in okay areas as well and I think they are both in less developed parts of town than the others.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-17-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 08-17-2012, 03:13 PM

28,494 posts, read 62,136,122 times

North By Northwest - Bernard Herrman - YouTube

Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,591,459 times
Wallburg is located in Davidson County but that portion of Davidson County is known for excellent schools. Wallburg the city just recently became incorporated to prevent from being annex into Winston or High Point.
It a small town with very little crime. It rural but has what you need to function in life and just a short drive within 15 minutes to Winston Salem or Hig Point and another 5 minutes to Greensboro so there always options for bigger city attractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point