U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,108,635 times

Advertisements

Good to see the old Circuit City store being put to use.

Gander Mountain to locate store in Winston-Salem

Quote:
Gander Mountain Company, the St. Paul, Minn.-based outdoor sporting goods retailer, plans to open a 43,000-square-foot store in Winston-Salem later this year.

The store will be located at 910 Hanes Mall Blvd. near the intersection of Interstate 40 and South Stratford Road. and will offer a large selection of new and used firearms as well as men’s and women’s outdoor apparel.
www.gandermountain.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 04:44 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,318,529 times
Not impressed with the place. The one in Gboro was remodeled taking out the archery range and gunsmith dept, now it's just another run-of-the-mill sporting goods store.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 AM

2,650 posts, read 6,093,311 times
Don't know much about the store, but I'm glad to see the property being put back into productive use. I always thought it odd that, even though Circuit City went out of business several years ago, this building still had outside lights at night. Why would anyone pay for the lights when the place was out of business, and who was paying for it? Crazy...

Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,108,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Don't know much about the store, but I'm glad to see the property being put back into productive use. I always thought it odd that, even though Circuit City went out of business several years ago, this building still had outside lights at night. Why would anyone pay for the lights when the place was out of business, and who was paying for it? Crazy...
I assume the building owner paid for the lights to deter vandals.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM

2,650 posts, read 6,093,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I assume the building owner paid for the lights to deter vandals.
Could be, but the lights inside the "Circuit City" letters on the building were on as well. I just always thought it was odd. Maybe they're all connected so it's either all on or all off.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,318,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Could be, but the lights inside the "Circuit City" letters on the building were on as well. I just always thought it was odd. Maybe they're all connected so it's either all on or all off.
It was the same for the one in High Point. Hard to tell what the logic was behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point