U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 9,523 times

Advertisements

I have been searching online for rentals in Clemmons. We are currently stationed overseas in Europe so I can't exactly drive down to NC to check things out. We want to compile a list of major possibilities then when we touch down in the states again spend about a week physically visiting our top choices then deciding on a rental.

I am having a hard time finding apartments that cover a lot of utilities. Do you know of any rentals in Clemmons that cover a good amount of utilities? Thus far it seems some cover gas/trash while others cover nothing or I can't get information and I keep getting responses that say "come into the office for more information" which is impossible for me to do right now. The time difference makes calling difficult not to mention it is not cheap for me to call the U.S.

We are looking at rental apts and homes. I know that homes never cover utilities, but we are keeping our options open. We are looking at a minimum of 2 bdrm, a 3 bdrm would be better so we could have an office/study area. Budget wise we are trying to keep it under $800 a month. I know that limits our options, especially with homes, but we want to continue to save up as much money as we can because in a few more years we may have to pick up and move to a new state again (no way of knowing what medical school I will get accepted into, it may be on the west coast for all we know). This is why if we can find a rental with most utilities covered it would be very beneficial for us.

Do you know of any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:59 AM

28,487 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupaCupcake View Post
I am having a hard time finding apartments that cover a lot of utilities. <- No doubt!
Do you know of any rentals in Clemmons that cover a good amount of utilities?
No LL with any sense will include any utilities.
If they could push the fire insurance and mortgage onto the tenant most would.
Don't wste your time even looking for such.

Quote:
We are looking at a minimum of 2 bdrm -3 bdrm... under $800 a month.
Do you know of any?
winston-salem apts/housing for rent classifieds "clemmons" - craigslist

Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM

6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Clemmons doesn't have much of a rental market...it's mostly single-family residential with a few apartment complexes sprinkled throughout the town. There are very few that I would consider living in, but some of the better ones are:

Hampton Corners
Madison Hall
Chamberlain Place
Tanglewood Farms (condos but often rentals)

There are also several complexes very near Clemmons with a Winston-Salem address, either along Peace Haven Rd. or South Stratford Rd., that are nicer.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 AM

I did think hampton corners looked nice.

We just really don't want to buy anything right now because we can't say for sure that we will be staying in Clemmons or even staying in NC.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 AM

12 posts, read 27,714 times
I currently live in a 4 bd room home with 2 1/2 baths but am moving to greensboro in Oct to be closer to work. The utilities are very low (in my opinion) - $10 water, $45 quarterly for trash pickup, about $120-$150 for electric (and I use the a/c constantly - it did go up to $170 this summer with the intense heat). It's a one level home, the master bedroom has a big bathroom and also a little sitting room. One bedroom has 1/2 bath, the other 2 bedrooms share the other full bath. The house could use some work but the landlord is not interested. All in all, it's not bad. I do have to pay to have my lawn cut which runs about $75 a cut but it's a big yard, about an acre, and I just don't have time to mow. If it's something you may be interested in, let me know.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 AM

sounds cheap for utilities
would you mind letting me know what type of repairs it needs and what rent is?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM

I found out I was massively over estimating average utility payments...I have a tendency to over prepare

Hampton Corners is looking more and more like a good starting place. I am going to send my Mother out on a scouting mission to see it in person since I currently cannot scout anything out (I am in Europe)

Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,591 times
Regents Village. It's on Peace Haven in Winston Salem but really close to Clemmons. It's aboyt $200 over your budget though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point