U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

Hi my family just moved here from WA and I was wondering where would be places to get out and meet people. I have looked into little league and cub scouts but I need something for me! I'm 26 so no age problems for going anywhere. Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 5,982 times
there is an alamance mommies forum i just joined (somewhat new to area as well). i think they have some mom's night out things as well as many play dates. you can apply to be in the northern mommies group which is for burlington and haw river. i just had a play date in haw river last week and met a few mom's from there. --if mommy stuff is your thing--otherwise, i don't know. i haven't really met anyone outside of a few neighbors myself! good luck and welcome!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM

68 posts, read 93,269 times
Oddly enough, the little town of Mebane has the best Mexican Restaurante, this side of the Rio Grande. La Cocina, there are others of the same name but...the one in Mebane is the best. Among many other things, they do a really good chipotle shrimp!!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,641,844 times
The YMCA in Burlington has all sorts of stuff happening, and there's the park w/ carousel and train ride next door. The Company Shops store in downtown Burlington hosts several events including a weekly live music and wine tasting thing. There's the flea market down the road in Efland every weekend, which is a must-see. Mebane has a seriously awesome library with tons of events too. Also, it's not too far a drive, you need to hit up the State Fair next month in Raleigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRhodes View Post
Oddly enough, the little town of Mebane has the best Mexican Restaurante, this side of the Rio Grande. La Cocina, there are others of the same name but...the one in Mebane is the best. Among many other things, they do a really good chipotle shrimp!!
Mex-Am in Graham is better, but don't tell anyone!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 AM

10,698 posts, read 11,340,381 times
The best mid-sized venue in the area, including the Triad and the Triangle is in Alamance county—the Haw River Ballroom in Saxapahaw just south of Graham between 87 and 54. You can also get gourmet eats at the Saxapahaw General Store and Gas station. Plus there's the Eddy pub and Cup 22 coffee house. We love to go there from our home base in Chapel Hill for various events. They have Oktoberfest coming up Oct 20th and lots of shows before then. Oktoberfest is a great family event. In the summer they have Saturdays in Saxapahaw with music, farmer's market, and kids activities.

Last edited by poppydog; 09-10-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point