U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM

62 posts, read 162,785 times

Advertisements

Please ignore my last thread: I re-read it and confused myself. I want to try again.

I have come up with some areas around GSO and invite any and all to share their views and knowledge about these areas.

The information we are looking for is crime rate, upscale or rundown, cleanliness, flight paths and any other factors one might consider before moving into a new area (schools are not an issue).

OK enough of the babble, here is the list of the areas.

Whitsett south of I-40.

NE Greensboro near Lake Townsend.

Pleasant Ridge Road in NW Greensboro.

Northeast Greensboro near Kings Forest Park.

McLeansville.

Jamestown.

Archdale.

south GSO between I-40, I-85, 421 and 220.

Any and all information will be appreciated. I will probably have another list soon, so my heartfelt thanks to all participants. And if we happen to move near you, dinner will be on us.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM

463 posts, read 1,518,844 times
Default One Mo' Time <grin>

Hi Ripath and Catrick. Again, as has been said many times in the forum, stick with NW Guilford county for all of your criteria. Many of the places you've named are in the South or SE. ..the highest crime areas. Use the forum search feature in the upper right to look up posts by JAS, Exjerseyite and others. Oh, and one other thing, while schools may not be a concern to you, they are a big consideration in light of re-sale value for potential buyers. We don't have children either but that doesn't mean that it wasn't taken into account. Stuff happens. If we ever have to sell, we don't want living in a lousy school district to hinder re-sale value.

Best wishes,

Cassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripath View Post
Please ignore my last thread: I re-read it and confused myself. I want to try again.

I have come up with some areas around GSO and invite any and all to share their views and knowledge about these areas.

The information we are looking for is crime rate, upscale or rundown, cleanliness, flight paths and any other factors one might consider before moving into a new area (schools are not an issue).

Whitsett south of I-40.

NE Greensboro near Lake Townsend.

Pleasant Ridge Road in NW Greensboro.

Northeast Greensboro near Kings Forest Park.

McLeansville.

Jamestown.

Archdale.

south GSO between I-40, I-85, 421 and 220.

Any and all information will be appreciated. I will probably have another list soon, so my heartfelt thanks to all participants. And if we happen to move near you, dinner will be on us.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 PM

71 posts, read 257,532 times

Whitsett south of I-40. - Not familiar with the area, but rather rural and generally safe place to live

NE Greensboro near Lake Townsend. - This lake is fairly large, but anywhere near Lake Townsend would not be a bad area. Once rural land, it is growing to be rather suburban.

Pleasant Ridge Road in NW Greensboro. - Once to be thought of as out in the boonies like the last area you listed, this area is growing and becoming a rather affluent part of town. Although there are a lot of high-dollar homes near here, you can still find somewhere affordable.

Northeast Greensboro near Kings Forest Park. - I would recommend this area just because I know that Kings Forest homes are solidly built. Although I did not grow up in this neighborhood, I grew up in a neighborhood built by the same people, Koury. My parents rarely had an issue with their home and it was built in 1963.

McLeansville. - Fairly rural, though suburbs are springing up. Convenience to shopping, etc. could be an issue

Jamestown. - Pretty much a suburb of Greensboro, halfway to High Point (proper, not North High Point). Rather peaceful area to live in, recommended.

Archdale. - Not familiar with Archdale, but I do know that it is adjacent to the south end of High Point. Driving though it, seemed relatively blue-collar. Nothing too threatening, but not the richest part of town, but definitely not "bad"

south GSO between I-40, I-85, 421 and 220. - If I know what you're talking about, I think this is near the mall area and SW Greensboro. I grew up in this area and I would still recommend it. Smith High School is not the greatest, but because schools aren't an issue, this isn't something to be concerned about. Smith has improved though. They now host Greensboro's second IB Program and an early college type of program. Things are looking up.

None of the areas you mentioned are "bad". Also, NE, South and SE do not always equate with "CRIME", "BAD", etc. Most are rather suburban, with the exception of Kings Forest and my neck of the woods. If that is your thing, good luck hunting!

Please trust my judgments. I am Greensboro born and bred and know the way things roll around here. Many people chime "NW!" though you can find a good neighborhood without having to live far out in the boonies, and still have diversity and not new, cookie-cutter development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point