Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_is_kris View Post
As long as you live in the same county, you can go to any of the schools, right?
Kids would be assigned a school based on where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM

14 posts, read 20,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Kids would be assigned a school based on where you live.
Ah alright, darn. I was hoping it would be like in Tennessee, where as long as you live in that county, you can go to whichever school you want. Just makes it a bit harder when looking for houses. Thanks for letting me know though.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM

97 posts, read 315,434 times
emelvee is technically correct- i just meant it's generally associated with Guilford. I did a search on homes.com, using your bed/bath requirements and price range- I started at $170,000 because everything is negotiable but you can search any city with the same filters. Sorry, I don't have personal knowledge of either city so I can't give you first-hand info. But I wish you well in your search.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-26-2012 at 11:58 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Mebane is a good suggestion. It's sort of on the border of the Triad and the Triangle so it wouldn't take too long to get to amenities and events in either location, plus I hear it has a cute downtown. If you find a house in the Orange county portion of Mebane you'll get better schools. Hillsborough would be another option closer to the Triangle in Orange county.

FYI, "Mebane" is not pronounced "me bain" like it looks, but "MEBbin", sort of like "Kevin".

Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 AM

14 posts, read 20,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneynewport View Post
emelvee is technically correct- i just meant it's generally associated with Guilford. I did a search on homes.com, using your bed/bath requirements and price range- I started at $170,000 because everything is negotiable but you can search any city with the same filters. Sorry, I don't have personal knowledge of either city so I can't give you first-hand info. But I wish you well in your search.
Ah kk, that's ok. Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Mebane is a good suggestion. It's sort of on the border of the Triad and the Triangle so it wouldn't take too long to get to amenities and events in either location, plus I hear it has a cute downtown. If you find a house in the Orange county portion of Mebane you'll get better schools. Hillsborough would be another option closer to the Triangle in Orange county.

FYI, "Mebane" is not pronounced "me bain" like it looks, but "MEBbin", sort of like "Kevin".
Hmm yea, that's true. Oh ok, thank you, I wasn't sure which of those two counties, had the better schools. Ah yea true. Oh hmm, yea I wouldn't have thought that's how it's pronounced.

I looked at the website link you gave me, and they're having a festival in October. I think I'll go to it and get more of a feel for the town.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Concord/Huntersville is what comes to mind, even though you didn't mention Charlotte in your large cities mix. Winston and Greensboro are small cities, Raleigh is a medium sized and Charlotte is going to be the largest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point