Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 15,058 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are relocating to Winston-Salem from PA and have been researching apartments for months. We finally decided on an apartment and are now on the waiting list, but after just checking the apartmentratings.com website again today, I am not sure how I feel about the apartments. Has anyone ever heard of The Arbors apartments on Hunt Club road, it is near Peace Haven Rd North and Country Club Rd? This is the website for the ratings The Arbors Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Winston-Salem apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Should you usually trust reviews online or do you think people sometimes make up bad reviews because they have an ax to grind? We will most likely not be able to drive down to see the apartment before the day of the move, there are so many reviews about mold and ceilings leaking that I don't know what to think.

All thoughts welcome

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM

475 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceandflora View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are relocating to Winston-Salem from PA and have been researching apartments for months. We finally decided on an apartment and are now on the waiting list, but after just checking the apartmentratings.com website again today, I am not sure how I feel about the apartments. Has anyone ever heard of The Arbors apartments on Hunt Club road, it is near Peace Haven Rd North and Country Club Rd? This is the website for the ratings The Arbors Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Winston-Salem apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Should you usually trust reviews online or do you think people sometimes make up bad reviews because they have an ax to grind? We will most likely not be able to drive down to see the apartment before the day of the move, there are so many reviews about mold and ceilings leaking that I don't know what to think.

All thoughts welcome

Thank you very much
Having read ratings on that website for many years I can tell you that yes some people do post the bad for revenge. However my rule of thumb is if there are many of the same complaints and especially if they are spread out in time by at least months you can probably figure there is a problem.
Please keep us posted as I may be looking to rent in the area in a few years as well.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:45 PM

27 posts, read 61,478 times
A quick look at the reviews for the Arbors show one from 2011 and then you go back to 2010, but there are quick a flurry of them here lately. Looks like someone definitely got upset and is trying to exact revenge.

I don't know the Arbors in particular, but I have visited a friend a couple times at the apartment complex next door and it seemed fine. The area in general is good, so I don't see any problems.

There are new apartments opening up on Robinhood Rd. too, so that could be an option so long as you have your own transportation.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM

4 posts, read 15,058 times
Thank you very much keithhtt and deacon. I will let you know if we do visit the complex and/or rent from there. It is the only complex I can find that has a washer and dryer in the unit, every other place has hookups or a laundry facility, I would love to be able to do my laundry in my own apartment, but I am also concerned about all of the posts with mold.

I'll have to make a new thread about the other apartments I am looking at.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:24 PM

475 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Thank you very much keithhtt and deacon. I will let you know if we do visit the complex and/or rent from there. It is the only complex I can find that has a washer and dryer in the unit, every other place has hookups or a laundry facility, I would love to be able to do my laundry in my own apartment, but I am also concerned about all of the posts with mold.

I'll have to make a new thread about the other apartments I am looking at.
In my experience often times there is a washer and or dryer in a unit already. Tenets sometimes leave them behind . The apt co would advertise hook-ups only but you could call and ask if any units have W/D in them. You could also rent (Rent a Center etc) a W and or D until you can buy your own or maybe just continue to rent if it works in your budget.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:21 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,133 times
For what it is worth, I am visiting Winston-Salem in a few weeks and plan to visit Hunt Club apartments. After reviewing all the apartments in my price range these seem to be best for me. Apparently there has been a recent change in ownership and are supposedly improved. I sincerely hope this is true.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,032,687 times
Peace Haven and Country Club is a nice area...but I don't specifically know those apartments.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:16 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,133 times
Default Which apartment?

Quote:
Hi,

All thoughts welcome

Thank you very much
Is there any possible way you could make a trip to the area and check out a few of the complexes? I have an appointment to visit The Hunt Club pretty soon and I am hoping it is at least some of what I think it is. Not a great idea to move in blindly to a place you will sign a lease for and be "stuck" someplace till the lease is up for renewal.

I have done Google searches, read all the write-ups I found, looked at the pictures (suppose some can be deceiving), looked at Arbors but for some reason didn't like it. I was there in October and picked up an apartment guide book and looked at that, too.

I agree with the posters who mentioned the disgruntled people who write negative reviews had a problem and are venting their misery. Some of these complexes might have been lousy at the time the review was made and then bought out by another owner who made improvements. It is really hard to know unless you see for yourself.

Good luck! I know it is not easy.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:58 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Is there any possible way you could make a trip to the area and check out a few of the complexes?
You may not have noticed but the OP you are addressing made her posts 3 years ago and hasn't been back since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point