U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 AM

10 posts, read 14,514 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living outside the U.S. (Thailand). I'm retired, but I still dream of my five acres in the country. (But not too far from the city.) No place on earth is truly paradise and every place has its problems. While an increasing number of Westerners are retiring outside the U.S., I'm not ready to give up totally yet.

My question is... where in North Carolina can a person find a spot to live in that isn't too far extreme in one way or another. Does "normal" exist anymore?

I don't want to be around a lot of drugs and thugs on one hand, nor some extremist far Right Wing brainwashed kinda angry folks on the other.

I'm looking for a place where I can grow some greens, raise some chickens and dogs... maybe even a pig or two. I'm an African American Disabled Veteran so I'm not worried about work. I don't want any fool trying to tell me what God to worship or who to vote for. I just want to drive an old pickup truck to Home Depot, chat friendly with a few folks, and go home and shut the door without having to carry a pistol to do it.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Flatbed Fred; 11-18-2012 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: I'm trying to delete this tread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
For fives acres look either Stokes County or Davidson and everything else you dont have to worry about unless you want to provoke or seek. North Carolina is normal.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,749,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
....unless you want to provoke or seek. North Carolina is normal.
There you have it. W O R D.

Sunny, you should LOCK all threads that address "the recurring theme," with this phrase.

Well done.

lln

Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 AM

10 posts, read 14,514 times
Default cool

hey ... i read the fear in that. okay. I'll delete the tread. no point in stirring up stuff unnecessarily... but that's a heads up too.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM

28,501 posts, read 62,182,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbed Fred View Post
Anything to all this Secession movement in Triad or Triangle areas?
I don't see anything to it in any of the states...
even the ones where the exchange of taxes is so large or pay so little as it is.

Quote:
My question is... where in North Carolina can a person find a spot to live in that isn't
too far extreme in one way or another. Does "normal" exist anymore? Any suggestions?
Pretty much anywhere in the state.
Attached Thumbnails
Anything to all this Secession movement in Triad or Triangle areas?-20100524-229-nonpayers-map-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point