U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,858 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to this forum so forgive me in advance if I dont do it correctly.

Basically, I am a middle aged woman looking to move to the WS area, preferably closer to Clemmons. I did have the chance to spend a couple of days there recently but am hoping for the perspective of someone who lives in the areas I am looking at.

Any input on these: ?

First, Chamberlain Place Apts. While there, I thought it was Clemmons but the address is WS.
Second, Briarleigh Park in the 27104 zip area
Finally, there was Crowne Club...very near to Briarleigh Park and also in the 27104 zip.

I will be looking for employment once I get there and settled in. The job market seems better than what it is here in Wilmington.

The area around Clemmons seemed really close to WS but I found the scenery (winding roads etc) really nice. Very different from here where you have straight roads and the biggest hill is a speed bump. Hopefully, my impression of the Clemmons area was right...any input on that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for any and all information to help me with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM

2,650 posts, read 6,094,247 times
Hi 4hh! Yes, you did it correctly

Chamberlain Place is definitely in Clemmons--it's well within the village limits. Not sure why it would be listed as Winston-Salem. Sorry I can't help with details about the places you've listed, but they all appear to be nice from the outside, and all are in nice areas. And I agree with you--Clemmons, and the entire west side of the county, is nice. Small town feel, with plenty of rural and near-rural space, yet close enough to all the action in Winston-Salem.

One caution about the job thing, though. Don't move here assuming you'll find a job quickly--the employment picture is still very unsettled. Unless you have specific, in-demand skills, it could take you a while to find a job. And even if you do have the skills, there are no guarantees. Unless you have quite a nice financial cushion, you should try to have a job lined up before you move.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,858 times
Thank you for the response and input. Very much appreciated.

The jobs here are no better and, in fact, are a rare commodity. But I was hoping with a city twice the size of Wilmington that at least the opportunities would be a bit more abundant :-( Not sounding that way unfortunately. I have prepared a "cushion" for the time it will take to find a job and just have to keep believing that things will improve.

But I sure did love the Clemmons area of WS and am really excited for after the first of the year.

Again, thank you for the reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point