U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM

121 posts, read 187,913 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! I have been a long time reader of the city-data forum and think it is a wonderful resource to gain information on an area when considering a relocation. Currently my partner and I live in Asheville NC. We moved here 2 years ago and things just haven't worked for us. Cost of living is too high, wages are low in comparison, medical care here is NOT what Im use to. I could go on but the reason I am posting is I'd like to hear some positive and negative things (activities, crime, cost of living, friendly residents, great restaurants, quality of living etc) about Burlington. I'm originally from the Charlotte area. I'm a native of our great state and have traveled it from one end to the other many times. However I haven't been to Burlington in about 10 years. We will need a 4 bedroom house for no more then $1,000 a month. Is this do-able in the Burlington area? Any information both positive and negative will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 PM

58 posts, read 42,347 times
Well there's definitely more stuff than there was 10 years ago, but there's still not that much, especially compared to Asheville. If wages and medical care are a concern, you're better off looking somewhere else. Housing's cheap enough, though, but mostly due to the lack of things around. Which is also the reason it's turned into an outer ring suburb for people working in Greensboro and increasingly RTP; probably another 5-10 years before development catches up toward that trend as far as things for people to do goes.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,296,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
Well there's definitely more stuff than there was 10 years ago, but there's still not that much, especially compared to Asheville. If wages and medical care are a concern, you're better off looking somewhere else. Housing's cheap enough, though, but mostly due to the lack of things around. Which is also the reason it's turned into an outer ring suburb for people working in Greensboro and increasingly RTP; probably another 5-10 years before development catches up toward that trend as far as things for people to do goes.
When looking at the whole area, there's plenty to do. More than Asheville...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point