U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,131 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I am looking to find the safest city (Lowest crime rates possible, best schools, etc) that are relatively near Kernersville (Or it could be Kernersville itself). Upper-middle/upper class city more so. Oakridge also seemed very nice. How is Oakridge as compared to Kernersville?

How safe are both of those places?

Last edited by BirdieMomma; 12-16-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM

28,501 posts, read 62,182,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMomma View Post
I am looking to find the safest city that are relatively near Kernersville
The only Cities in proximity to Kernersville are Winston and Greensboro

Quote:
How is Oakridge as compared to Kernersville?
Kernersville is a town of 12 square miles and has 23,000 people
Oakridge is a town of 15 square miles and has 6,000 people
Neither are cities.

You asked the same basic questions recently in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMomma
I am going to be moving to NC and I am trying to find a perfect place.
I want to be at the most 30 minutes away from Kernersville.
Also, I need a Children's Hospital near by.

I am really trying to find a high-end area ...with amazing schools,
not a high crime rate or many areas to "stay away from." thread link
A few questions to help flesh out your statements:
What are these "safety concerns" that you have?
How do you define "amazing schools"?
Why has Kernersville suddenly become the center of your life?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM

11,258 posts, read 19,791,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMomma View Post
Upper-middle/upper class city more so.
Summerfield in Guilford County has the expensive real-estate to qualify it as upper-class. It has a few million-dollar plus homes, and schools rated 8, 9 or 10 at Greatschools.org. The median income is $94K per year compared to the state median of $43.6K. However, it is by no means a city. It is just a suburb with a cross-roads.

See this previous thread: Oak Ridge & Summerfield area?

Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,106,265 times
If you want to be close to Kernersville, I would go with Oak Ridge. We also liked the Harvest Ridge subdivision off of Hwy 150. The Guilford County portion of the subdivision is Oak Ridge schools. We looked there in 2010-2011, but ultimately ended up near Wallburg (several miles south of Kernersville). We bought in Meadowlands, which we love (homes mostly in the $300s to $400s). But Wallburg (Meadowlands is just outside the "city" limits of Wallburg) is small even compared to Oak Ridge or Summerfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point