U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 AM

3,492 posts, read 5,645,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippus View Post
Gsoboi----I drove past there at night, so I could not see too much, but it did not seem to be as close to downtown as they claim---maybe I am wrong? Also, it seemed to be very close to a rough neighborhood----again, maybe I am wrong--I only drove through for a few minutes, and at night.
Craig
yes, most people dont realize that CityView and the rest of Southside is downtown. I think when you go south of Lee Street on MLK, the area is a little rough. But in Southside I have not heard any complaints of crime. The police patrol the area. For what its worth, upper middle class people have been buying $500,000 townhomes in Southside. Usually that class of people won't buy in a rough area. Southside is a safe area and CityView Apartments will be pretty secure. I think its more of a perception of what Southside use to be like than anything. I see young women walking their dogs down the streets all the time.

But yea, try driving through there during the day so you can get a better look at the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM

They have updated the website

Cityview at Southside:Greensboro, North Carolina

and if you happen to be considering buying a downtown condo, check this out

Center Pointe: Greensboro North Carolina

Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM

I stopped by CityView apartments in downtown Greensboro this evening. It looks like they may meet the December 1st deadline.
I love the green tile on the clubhouse

just a reminder of what the clubhouse interior looks like

even the electricity is on

Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Well its official! Ive signed the lease and I will be moving into CityView the 1st of December! Im so excited. The apartment buildings will be gated, there will be security cameras around the property as well as apartment security patroling the complex throughout the day.
I found out the apartment complex will have concierge and the apartment manager told me there will be a phase two. They are clearing off land for several more apartment buildings with one being an L-shaped 6-story midrise. In total there will be over 400 apartments. Across the street from CityView Apartments, they are building a restuarant, upscale urban grocery as well as some more residential above retail/office.
The clubhouse is awesome. Its totally complete with 3 plasma tvs on the wall, pool table, business center, cardio center and Wi, Sony Play Station and XBOX room. I will be picking up my furniture tomorrow.

Last edited by gsoboi; 11-16-2007 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,642 times
Default CityView for graduate student

I am interested in CityView, I will be moving in July and was interested in a studio or 1 bedroom, do you think there will still be apartments available then? Also, although I will be attaining my Masters at UNC-G, I'm 21. Does age play a factor in decisions for tenants? I've also read that the payment is around $650 for the Studio/One bedroom, is this true?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam0412 View Post
I am interested in CityView, I will be moving in July and was interested in a studio or 1 bedroom, do you think there will still be apartments available then? Also, although I will be attaining my Masters at UNC-G, I'm 21. Does age play a factor in decisions for tenants? I've also read that the payment is around $650 for the Studio/One bedroom, is this true?
To answer your question, I think they will likely be leased out by July unless you get lucky and some people move out. However, as I mentioned there will be a second phase of construction and 4 additional apartment buildings will be built. Im not sure when those will come online. They are clearing the land now for construction and my guess would be sometime around September or October of next year. But who knows, maybe construction will be ahead of schedule and a few apartment buildings could be complete by July. I would check with Signature Properties (the company that is managing CityView) and ask to see when the next phase of apartments will be completed admin@signaturepropertygroup.com

As for age, I don think that is a problem. The Studio apartments are around $650 per month. When you add cable tv it will be around $720 per month. I hope this helps you

Last edited by gsoboi; 11-18-2007 at 08:40 AM..

Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Here are the latest CityView photos. They are putting in the landscaping and adding the final touches to the first two buildings. I think Greensboro City Council will be at the ribbon cutting ceremony tommorow. Saturday is the big day! They will be issuing out keys and the first residents, includimg myself will be moving in!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 PM

5 posts, read 22,493 times
I went over to view the units today and fell in love. They are great! I just have to decide which one I want and soon I hear.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTOWN710 View Post
I went over to view the units today and fell in love. They are great! I just have to decide which one I want and soon I hear.

They are great! you'd better hurry because I dont know how many units are available on the "city view" side. Im sure all the studio units on that side are leased by now since they are the least expensive. I know there are probabally more availible on the King Street side. Im all pumped up and ready for the move Saturday.

Last edited by gsoboi; 11-28-2007 at 05:57 AM..

Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 AM

5 posts, read 22,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

They are great! you'd better hurry because I dont know how many units are available on the "city view" side. Im sure all the studio units on that side are leased by now since they are the least expensive. I know there are probabally more availible on the King Street side. Im all pumped up and ready for the move Saturday.
You should be they are nice and at that price! they are now 699 so you got in at a great time. Hopefully I will be able to get in soon even if I have to look at King St for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point