U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM

774 posts, read 1,614,931 times

Advertisements

Is there anything good about living in High Point?
I've seen a couple of comments about crime and low employment ... but I am retired and don't need a job.

Are there any good areas or good things about High Point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,809 times
I am in the process of purchasing a home in High Point. Thus I am curious as well. From what I have seen, the people there are quite friendly and quiet. In the Brooksville area this seems the same. So that's why I decided to make the purchase. BUT I am curious as well to see the answers to this question as well.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM

910 posts, read 1,166,600 times
It's more boring than Greensboro, which is quite a feat. But if you're not into big city amenities, then you could do worse.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,085,655 times
The "good" is that it's a small town, and the "bad" is that it's a small town.

Seriously, High Point is just fine. Like any town, it has its rough parts, but if you don't go to those parts of town you'll be okay. It's very close to both Winston-Salem and Greensboro if you want things to do, and otherwise it's a friendly small town with enough stores and restaurants that you won't have to leave if you don't want to.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,305,804 times
It's a friendly enough place, but I recommend if you choose to live there to locate in the north eastern part of the city. This is the only place seeing any sort of significant growth and it will be close to the interstate for quicker access to Gboro or Winston. Unfortunately if you desire variety you will find yourself doing much commuting to either of those cities.
The mall there is dead, purchased recently by HPU for pennies on the dollar, it is mostly vacant. The restaurants are adequate but many people in that city tend to interlace price with taste. There are the standard chain restaurant and a few independents with less than a handful being noteworthy.
I moved to Greensboro from High Point a couple of years ago upon realizing I was spending much of my retail dollars in Gboro. Have not regretted the move.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,761 times
Looking for 4 to 5 acres of undeveloped land in the Winston-Salem area.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,141 times
Northern High Point tends to be the "nicer" area. If you want amenities the area around the intersection Eastchester and Wendover has the most. Emerywood is also a nicer but older neighborhood, and just over in Davidson county there are many nice housing developments but they are a little further from services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point