U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,749 times

Advertisements

I might be relocating to Winston-Salem for my job and am trying to figure out how easy/difficult it will be for my wife to get a job in the area. She is currently a middle school English teacher and would be interested in a similar position in Wiston or within a 30 minute commute. She has 1 year of experience in an inner-city school with many disadvantaged students. I'm curious on the availability of teaching jobs and the job market overall at either the middle school or high school level in the area. This includes public, private, and charter schools.

Appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,084,360 times
Hi Art,
I'd say the chances of your wife finding a job are pretty good. While the market is pretty tight, there's a lot of turnover and there are many schools both in Forsyth and the surrounding counties. Here's a link to Forsyth County Schools' Human Resources page--click on "Teaching Positions" to see current openings: Human Resources / Applications & Employee Opportunities

It would also help to contact principals directly when she's ready to begin her search. Sometimes positions don't get advertised immediately, and sometimes principals have flexibility in moving teachers around such that an ad for a science teacher could ultimately be satisfied by hiring an English teacher and having a current teacher move into the science position. She might also consider substitute teaching if she can't find something quickly. It's a great way to get some exposure while bringing in a bit of money.

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM

302 posts, read 536,988 times
For the public schools, I would check the Forsyth County website. Also, there is The Children's Center, a special school for physically handicapped located at Reynolda Road and Coliseum Dr.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 PM

23 posts, read 40,572 times
The your name..seinfeld the best..my wife also a middle school teacher.we coming dowm to area with are rv for a few weeks in summer .in hopes of a move ..ao just thanks for posting a good question

Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 7,749 times
Thanks for all the info! Very helpful, and good to hear some optimistic viewpoints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point