U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
 
29,936 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Reputation: 18460

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If you are referring to High Point allow me to ROFL. Okay, while High Point does grow history demonstrates, as does the current trend, the growth patterns are segregated. Right now that growth is on the NE corner while the rest of the city is stagnant. This has occurred on the north, south, & west sides previously.
As for the bolded statement your point is really moot as there are no walls at the county lines. W-S must contend with what happens in Guilford county whereas Charlotte & Raleigh do not.
But the entire discussion is centered on county population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But the entire discussion is centered on county population.
True, but the comparison you make of W-S being more like Charlotte & Raleigh is your way of trying to imply W-S will grow faster than Greensboro because there is not another principal city in Forsyth county. This is a illegitimate comparison because two other principal cities, Greensboro & High Point, are less than thirty minutes away from W-S. With the three cities being so close it wouldn't matter if W-S were the only city in Forsyth county. One will always impact the other in some shape or form. Hence, my saying there are no walls at the county lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM
 
29,936 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Reputation: 18460
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
True, but the comparison you make of W-S being more like Charlotte & Raleigh is your way of trying to imply W-S will grow faster than Greensboro because there is not another principal city in Forsyth county. This is a illegitimate comparison because two other principal cities, Greensboro & High Point, are less than thirty minutes away from W-S. With the three cities being so close it wouldn't matter if W-S were the only city in Forsyth county. One will always impact the other in some shape or form. Hence, my saying there are no walls at the county lines.
I think I was a little unclear about the whole "no other principal city in Forsyth County" thing; I should have used a "But" before that statement. When I mentioned that, what I was really getting at is that Forsyth County is at a relative disadvantage to Guilford County in that regard in terms of population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Reputation: 8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I think I was a little unclear about the whole "no other principal city in Forsyth County" thing; I should have used a "But" before that statement. When I mentioned that, what I was really getting at is that Forsyth County is at a relative disadvantage to Guilford County in that regard in terms of population.
Understood.
Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 AM
 
240 posts, read 449,953 times
Reputation: 135
Why would anybody want Guilford County to double it's population in 20 years? I'm considering moving there precisely because Greensboro is a small city. There are no traffic issues, and I can go from downtown to Summerfield in 25 minutes. If Guilford county goes to 1M people, where will they live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,926,424 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
Why would anybody want Guilford County to double it's population in 20 years? I'm considering moving there precisely because Greensboro is a small city. There are no traffic issues, and I can go from downtown to Summerfield in 25 minutes. If Guilford county goes to 1M people, where will they live?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's very unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,580 posts, read 4,401,372 times
Reputation: 1488
just like a number of years ago it was unlikely Wake County would have over one million people today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
 
29,936 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Reputation: 18460
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
just like a number of years ago it was unlikely Wake County would have over one million people today.
Wake County doesn't have over a million people yet.

Even so, Wake County's growth rate didn't jump from 16% decennially to over 40% over the course of two decades. It took several decades for it to ramp up to that level (in the post-war era).

Wake County, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 AM
 
240 posts, read 449,953 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
Why would anybody want Guilford County to double it's population in 20 years? I'm considering moving there precisely because Greensboro is a small city. There are no traffic issues, and I can go from downtown to Summerfield in 25 minutes. If Guilford county goes to 1M people, where will they live?
I'm still waiting for an answer. Why do we want Guilford County to double their population over the next 20 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Reputation: 8896
There are plenty of places to live and when you can't sprawl out you go up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top