Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
LLN LLN started this thread

5,265 posts, read 10,667,407 times

Advertisements

Daughter looking at first apt in vicinity of St Pauls Episcopal Church.

New graduate, etc. Obviously Dad (that would be me) is concerned. Looked on crime map, did not appear perfect but other areas seemed about the same.

What do you think of the area for a 22 year old female's apt. Have to balance tenuous salary and affordability against "perfect."

Need the straight scoop.

thanks in advance.

lln
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,125,444 times
That's in West End, a great area. Crime is not a problem there.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
LLN LLN started this thread

5,265 posts, read 10,667,407 times
Thanks so much.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM

32 posts, read 62,014 times
I would not worry about this area very much. My wife and I live about three blocks from the church and are rarely uncomfortable walking around just about anywhere in West End. Of course we are usually in bed by midnight (our daughter is 27 ) so we aren't out and about in the wee hours very often. I do have an early am walk every day between 5:45 and 7 or so and there are always joggers/walkers around.

Your daughter would be pretty close to the various "hot spots" in DTWS but walking to the Arts District (Trade St area) would be several blocks and the 4th St restaurant/bars are only a little closer. There are several places on Burke St that would be closer but if she's going to be living downtown I can only assume she will want to take advantage of everything we have to offer.

There are always going to be some areas that feel safer than others but West End definitely puts off a "safe" vibe. Good luck with the search!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM

322 posts, read 663,249 times
I have lived in, and love the West End. It is safe, beautiful, and one of the most desirable early streetcar neighborhoods in the state in which to live. It is within easy walking distance of restaurants, bars, downtown, BB&T ballpark, and Hanes Park. Where I lived I could hear the bells at St. Pauls daily which easily reminded me of being in a European city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point