U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 06:49 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,229,410 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if Greensboro happens to have any adult volleyball leagues? Maybe some that are sponsored by a local YMCA? After watching my niece play volleyball a couple weeks ago, it really ignited my passion for playing the sport. I absolutely love volleyball, and feel that it's one sport I could probably still play at a decently high level at the age of 38. But, I haven't noticed if there are any local volleyball leagues. Anybody on here play?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:51 AM

60 posts, read 111,977 times
I asked something similar a few months back about Winston and have also spent some time researching online. Sadly, the answer seems to be "not much".

According to cwolfe8229: "Sorry, I don't know of anything in Winston but Sportscenter Triad in High Point has decent indoor and outdoor leagues (or they were when I played a few years ago), but it is in High Point. There is also a Tuesday night co-ed indoor pickup game at Pleasant Garden Baptist, which has various levels of skill."

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYLion View Post
I asked something similar a few months back about Winston and have also spent some time researching online. Sadly, the answer seems to be "not much".

According to cwolfe8229: "Sorry, I don't know of anything in Winston but Sportscenter Triad in High Point has decent indoor and outdoor leagues (or they were when I played a few years ago), but it is in High Point. There is also a Tuesday night co-ed indoor pickup game at Pleasant Garden Baptist, which has various levels of skill."

Good luck!
Thanks! I realize that it's probably not something that you'd find a lot of. I would ask about the tennis as well, but it's been so long since I've played, that I doubt I would last in any of those leagues, lol!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM

60 posts, read 111,977 times
The weird thing is Syracuse (where I'm moving from) has at least five different volleyball leagues. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYLion View Post
The weird thing is Syracuse (where I'm moving from) has at least five different volleyball leagues. Maybe it's a regional thing?
Could be? I mean, my brother told me that if I ever wanted to and see Duke University Volleyball, there is no entrance fee, completely free! So, if you know that the major universities can't get people to come and watch the sport unless it's for free, then the desire for the leagues is probably not enough. Heck, I would even be interested in a two man, beach style of volleyball league.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 765 times
Is there any upcoming Adult Volleyball Tournaments or Leagues in Greensboro area?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:56 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaNC View Post
Is there any upcoming Adult Volleyball Tournaments or Leagues in Greensboro area?
City of Greensboro Parks and Recreation has adult volleyball leagues. Contact person is Kim Mansfield, 336-373-3272

City of Greensboro, NC : Adult Sports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point