U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 AM

5 posts, read 12,745 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to get my brother and his wife a gift cerificate for a nice dinner out for Christmas. I don't know any of the restaurants down there. The only time I was in Greensboro was for their wedding a year ago and we went straight from their apartment to Burke Manor Inn in Gibsonville.

I heard my sister-in-law mention The Angus Barn once, but that's all I know of down there. So, what are some of your favorites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,774,809 times
Default Chop House

Gate City Chop House is always a popular choice for a moderately upscale local restaurant in Greensboro (Angus Barn is in Raleigh). Also consider Lucky 32 or Green Valley Grill (owned by same person/company). These places should have gift certificates - you can probably Google them.

Many chain restaurants are around here. Carraba's, Chili's, etc.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:45 PM

463 posts, read 1,518,664 times
Default GSO Restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan0876 View Post
I'm looking to get my brother and his wife a gift cerificate for a nice dinner out for Christmas. I don't know any of the restaurants down there. The only time I was in Greensboro was for their wedding a year ago and we went straight from their apartment to Burke Manor Inn in Gibsonville.

I heard my sister-in-law mention The Angus Barn once, but that's all I know of down there. So, what are some of your favorites?

Thanks!
23 South Elm St Restaurant. Their dinner menu is significantly better than their lunch menu. Good idea for your in-laws to make reservations if you end up buying them a gift certificate for dinner there. Also the Revival Grill. I haven't eaten there but have heard that it's good. And there is always the Outback Steakhouse on Wendover Avenue. We like Outback, especially for prime rib! Wouldn't mind at all getting a gift certificate to eat there :-) You'll have to google these. Due to copyrights I can't post them to the forum.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 10-08-2006 at 08:06 PM..

Old 10-08-2006, 06:48 PM

61 posts, read 219,359 times
Ruth's Chris Steak House is on Green Valley Rd. across from Women's Hospital. They have excellent steak there!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,626 times
Bianca's is good for authentic Italian. I don't know if they have gift certificates or not though. They're located on the corner of Spring Garden and Chapman.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 PM

6 posts, read 26,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan0876 View Post

Thanks!
We're actually looking at The Burke Manor Inn for our wedding. Did your brother like having his wedding there? What did you think of it for a wedding place?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
2nd vote for Lucky 32 or Green Valley Grill, both excellent for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS View Post
Gate City Chop House is always a popular choice for a moderately upscale local restaurant in Greensboro (Angus Barn is in Raleigh). Also consider Lucky 32 or Green Valley Grill (owned by same person/company). These places should have gift certificates - you can probably Google them.

Many chain restaurants are around here. Carraba's, Chili's, etc.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 AM

525 posts, read 1,924,075 times
I vote for Liberty Oak Restaurant downtown, or Pastabilities on Battleground. Also, if you get a GC from Lucky 32 or Green Valley Grill, it can be used at the new restaurant at the Proximity Hotel as well. Avoid the chains unless you absolutely have to. Support locally owned Small business!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 14,354 times
Liberty Oak or Green Valley Grill get my votes.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 AM

34 posts, read 121,460 times
I also LOVE the Liberty Oak, and would like to put in a second vote for avoiding the chain restaurants that seem to dominate this area. When in Greensboro, eat Greensboro...not something that could as easily be Peoria, IL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point