U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,856 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to visit Winston this year for the first time in years. I know about the main art galleries and cultural centers (Salem, Tanglewood, etc.), but I am sure there is a lot more that isn't as well publicized. While I have several friends there, I would like to get other people's take on what is there.

What are your thoughts on less obvious tourist attractions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM

2,647 posts, read 6,083,157 times
You didn't say what your interests are, so without much direction I'll toss out a few suggestions:

--Sciworks
--Dash baseball
--winery tours/tastings: there are many within a hour's drive or less. West Bend and Raylen are very close.
--Downtown summer music series
--Aperture, an independent movie theater
--Hanging Rock State Park, Pilot Mountain State Park (both are roughly 30 minutes drive from W-S)
--Arts District shops (around Trade and 6th Streets)
--Bethabara Park

Google any of the above for details. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point