U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM

8 posts, read 14,042 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what it's like to live there? Know anyone who ever lived there? It seems like it is in a great location and there are some affordable condos in the building. I am just wondering if there are any downsides such as high utilities, high HOA fees, noisy, unsafe, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 AM

No one? Any insights into the neighborhood? It's right off 4th St., the block between Spruce and Marshal.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:39 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,086,746 times
Hi Mark,
Haven't replied to your thread earlier because you were asking about specifics of the condos, and I don't know anyone who lives (or has lived) there. I do know the area, though, and it's a great location IMO. That area is very safe, with lots of activity and plenty of things within walking distance. I wouldn't hesitate to live in that area if I were a younger man with no kids.

I do know a couple of people who used to live in the Nissen Building condos just around the corner. They loved living there, and they both moved only because their families got larger.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM

32 posts, read 52,674 times
See above Mark. I also thought you were asking more about the actual condos and I can't really speak to them.

The neighborhood is great. Really in the heart of things IMO. All the "hot spots" of DTWS are in easy walking distance from this intersection and the area is as safe as it gets. I don't think you would be disappointed with the location.

All I can offer about the actual condos is that they seem small and perhaps a bit dated, but the price is on the low side for this area. If you are thinking about purchasing one, I am sure you will inspect thoroughly before deciding.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the responses. I am sure there are nicer places in the vicinity but this will be my third home and I am looking for something safe and clean but affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point