Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM

2 posts, read 5,233 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking around this board ever since we found out we would be relocating, and have found all of the information very helpful, so thank you very much. Our move is planned for the end of December, and we will be living in the Triple Lakes subdivision off of 150 and Church St. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good preschool? I have tried to do internet research, but have not been able to find any ratings. Any help would be appreiated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
We love the Childhood Enrichment Center at the Methodist Church on Holden road, but that's probably too far away from you. Unless your commute will take you toward Holden and Friendly.

Have you already purchased your home or are you building? Triple Lakes is a really nice area, and will be in big demand soon because of its proximity to the new Northern High School opening in January. Also, your kids may be at the new Reedy Fork Elementary too.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,233 times
We will be closing on our home at the end of November. It is a new home, about 98% complete at this time. I noticed a lot of church based preschool programs. Do you need to be a member of the church in order for your children to attend? Are the programs religion based?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh12 View Post
I have been lurking around this board ever since we found out we would be relocating, and have found all of the information very helpful, so thank you very much. Our move is planned for the end of December, and we will be living in the Triple Lakes subdivision off of 150 and Church St. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good preschool? I have tried to do internet research, but have not been able to find any ratings. Any help would be appreiated. Thank you.
good post rep for you.
i do not know the area but as to pre school probably the single most valuable asset that little people possess and can be readily developed is language acquisition. which wayns as we grow older. it is a concept called "rapid mapping" they learn in clusters language we adults learn in linear format.
i would suggest finding a language school (bilingual) in that area for little people.
usually long term memory kicks in at 3 years so all of it becomes permanent
so you wont lose it ever, even if you think you lost it its kicks in when reassociated with the language invironment. amazing stuff.
hope i did not ramble too much and stayed on target.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh12 View Post
We will be closing on our home at the end of November. It is a new home, about 98% complete at this time. I noticed a lot of church based preschool programs. Do you need to be a member of the church in order for your children to attend? Are the programs religion based?
No you don't, because we aren't. The programs are in the church, but not religious. At least not so far. We shall see when Christmas comes. My wife did the research and picked it, and it isn't a day care- it's so much more.

Congrats on the new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point